Bad WRT610N?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medic-5150

Hey,

I've had this router for about 2 weeks now, it worked great for a week, and now it's dropping wireless connections like no other, unless you're within 5 feet of it. Wired, it's fine. I've got the most up to date firmware on it, so that's not an issue. it's not in the closet or a basement or some weird spot where the signal could be obstructed, just sitting on m desk next to the computer monitor, the modem, and the vonage unit. Any ideas on what might cause this? If not, what should I replace it with? I've had good luck with linksys in the past, but I'm not too keen on their new stuff. I don't need the 5ghz broadcast right now, but I'm sure someday I would enjoy it. I'm not brand loyal so no one brand is necessary, and price range, no more then the wrt 610N (roughly $200)

Thanks guys

It could be interference. Try other chanels. Use it without encryption if that is somehow part of the problem. Antenna close to a crt type of monitor is not advisable. Five foot separation is too close (in many cases). Check device manager & check the value (%) for output power.

Hey,

I changed the channel and moved the router, and its still dropping connections periodically, and having trouble allowing new computers to connect wirelessly. Output is at 100%. Linksys told me that the computers might have been to far from the router, and I told them I live in an apartment, I don't think you could get too far away from this router in here...They were silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back