Barebones Failure x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, im not my 2nd bare bones from tiger direct. My first consisted of:

THERMALTAKE Soprano RS 101 ATX Case Black w/Window
Seagate 500GB Serial ATA HD 7200/32MB/SATA-3G
Power Up 800w Power Supply w/2 80mm/Blue
OCZ SLI 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz (2x1024MB)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ AM2 CPU Black Edition
Asus M2N-SLI nForce 560 Socket AM2 Motherboard

to run

PNY GeForce XLR8 9800 GX2 1GB PCIe w/Dual Link DVI.

after 3 or 4 days we could never get the motherboard to boot, no led, no sound, nothing, and after alot of looking around i found that quite a few other people who had bought that barebones package had the same issue so i decided to return the motherboard, CPU, and ram.

next from tiger i ordered:

XFX GeForce 8200 MCP Socket AM2+ Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ AM2 CPU Black Edition
OCZ SLI 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz (2x1024MB)

to go with everything i kept. it has onboard graphics so i left the 9800 out until i can get the PC set up. Ive cleared the CMOS, tried useing the memory sticks in all the configurations possible (single and dual channel). tested the power suppy and its working like it should. the LEDs on the motherboard work and the only response ive gotten was the keyboard lights will flash for a split second then nothing and i never get signal to the moniter

still

found a little 8 ohm case speaker and attached it no beeping.
the number light box in the back never lights up giving a number
unpluged cd/dvd, and hardrive tryed again nothing.

anyone know somthing i dont? im lost in the sause

Definately sounds like a hardware issue, like PowerSupply or faulty CPU or something
If you have just purchased this (again) from Tigerdirect (or whatever their name is) then guess what? Return under warranty (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back