Battlefield 4 Benchmarks (alpha)

TheDevopsGuy

Thought I might share these with you guys since some of u might be looking for an upgrade :)

A little bold statement BATTLEFIELD 4 IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 8 ->Which for me some people is a major set back since some move on from windows 7 to Windows 8

Windows Must be 64 bit as anyways IF ram doesnt exceed the 4 gig limit it would be a pointless bottleneck
anyways hope these pictures are a good enough information for all of u who are going to play battlefield 4 just remember what your seeing here is just alpha performance can and will be improved

LL
LL
LL
LL
bf4%20ms.jpg
bf4%20intel.jpg
bf4%20amd.jpg

That's... interesting. Very heavy CPU usage for a FPS. Looks like my rig will crumble lol.

Titan barely pulls 60 fps with the i5-2500k hopefully it will be better optimized tbh I play on 1366x768 but if the titan struggles on that resolution then what will my gtx 660 do on my res

That's... interesting. Very heavy CPU usage for a FPS. Looks like my rig will crumble lol.

the 7970 only pulled fps on 30s at 1920x1080 and thats with an i7-3970X at 4.9ghz my lord.

most people who usally go full on graphics card and go for a budget cpu are gonna have big problems :S

Guys, dont forget that this is the Alpha... it is very unoptimized at the moment. The Alpha is meant to just get the gameplay idea/game concept out to testers. The beta and final releases are highly optimized vs the alpha. Plus, AMD and nVidia need to release drivers to optimize the game for their GPUs. Also, they will add Windows 8 support. Didnt you see commander mode during the multiplayer being played on a tablet. Support will come.

Yeah, like jc713 said, this game is totally un-optimized at the moment and neither company has good drivers (single, slid or cfx). Once we get closer to the release, we will see the drivers come out and the video cards will show significant performance improvements.

In bf3 beta tests, my friends 2600k gtx 580 rig struggled at high to keep above 40fps, then the game came out with new drivers and he ran it on ultra 1920x1080 and was able to average around 55-60fps.

Guys, dont forget that this is the Alpha... it is very unoptimized at the moment. The Alpha is meant to just get the gameplay idea/game concept out to testers. The beta and final releases are highly optimized vs the alpha. Plus, AMD and nVidia need to release drivers to optimize the game for their GPUs. Also, they will add Windows 8 support. Didnt you see commander mode during the multiplayer being played on a tablet. Support will come.

hopefully windows 8 will come soon I just didnt get it thought instantly when they released the minor requirments it was added that it was to windows 7 at most they should of put down a note or something about adding windows 8

Yeah, like jc713 said, this game is totally un-optimized at the moment and neither company has good drivers (single, slid or cfx). Once we get closer to the release, we will see the drivers come out and the video cards will show significant performance improvements.

In bf3 beta tests, my friends 2600k gtx 580 rig struggled at high to keep above 40fps, then the game came out with new drivers and he ran it on ultra 1920x1080 and was able to average around 55-60fps.

Plus, look at all of the recent driver updates. Some games got up to %60 or so performance gains with new drivers.

Plus, look at all of the recent driver updates. Some games got up to %60 or so performance gains with new drivers.

amd will get the best performance improvement :S in the gfx section idk about the cpu optimization but intel seemed to have the lead in the alpha but it wasnt actualy a big difference which is a big impact

amd will get the best performance improvement :S in the gfx section idk about the cpu optimization but intel seemed to have the lead in the alpha but it wasnt actualy a big difference which is a big impact

AMD will get better improvements since they are exclusively partnered with EA.

Yep, im looking forward to some awesome 4 way CFX support for my 6990's so I can keep this baby on ultra, doubt I will kick eyefinity in though on this game (May try it to see how it performs for fun).

Back