Battlefield Heroes quietly launches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

DICE and EA's cartoon-style shooter Battlefield Heroes has finally launched after numerous delays and a lengthy closed beta period last year. The game is something of an experiment for the companies, given that it is offered completely for free, supported only through advertisements and micro-transactions for character customizations. It will be the first title in the Battlefield series to be released under this non-traditional business model.

The game features a built-in matchmaking system to ensure that players of equal skill are paired together for fair play. Users can use real-world currency to purchase virtual “Battlefunds” that can be redeemed for a variety of in-game items and bonuses, such as the ability to get “Valor Points” faster, new clothes and limited-edition items. You can learn more on Battlefield Heroes via the official website.

Permalink to story.

To each his own, I guess. This is the most fun I've ever had playing a video game and i've been playing them for the last 10 years. the way they worked in the free to play combined with microtransactions is brilliant! you don't have to pay a dime to be good, only to customize your character. this ensures a level playing field.

This game I am sure is fine if you like that kind of game, probably a blast.... I just don’t understand why they would us the name "Battlefield", it brings shame to the Battlefield name in my opinion.

Agreed...I've been a Battlefield fan for quite some time. Saw Heroes and thought "eewwww...wtf?"

this game rules..
ive heard this game through techspot.
thanks guys.. keep it up..

having this game from ea games really rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back