Bccode error/BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealSDMF

Hi! I hope someone can help me with this. When attempting to load two City of Heroes accounts, I get a BSOD with the following error:

bccode: 100000d1, BCP1: B1F8CDB8, BCP2: 00000002, BCP3: 00000008, BCP4: B1F8CDB8, OSVER: 5_1_2600, SP: 3_0, PRODUCT: 768_1

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 b2c35db8, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000008, parameter4 b2c35db8.

I read the six most recent minidumps from April and all are 0xD1 errors. These are usually caused by faulty drivers and in your case all six minidumps cited the same faulty driver: viahduaa.sys.

This is a VIA High Definition Audio Function Driver. Update your onboard sound drivers.

Thank you so much!

I, for the life of me, cannot find which VIA driver I should download. I tried Everest, PC Wizard, Uniblue... none of them could tell me what I needed to know.

Mainboard : Asus M3A78-CM
Chipset : AMD 780
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @ 3000 MHz

Go to Asus' website, find your particular motherboard and update the driver(s) from there. This should resolve your problems. Let us know if it does.

First, you are absolutely no bother. PC issues take time to resolve. The only thing I can think of is your hardware on your motherboard doesn't/won't utilize those drivers for your particular motherboard.

You are certainly in the right area considering it is Asus directing you. Just to make sure, you did find your motherboard model at Asus and this is where they dirrected you? What VIA onboard sound does your mobo manual indicate.

Can you link me to the motherboard page at Asus?

Although I did find my motherboard model on the ASUS site, I can't link you(Only 3 posts). There were 5 options under the AUDIO section for my motherboard(M3A78-CM), I downloaded the most recent one. It give me a huge ZIP file, which I extracted and then you know what happens next(last picture I attached).

I seem to have... misplaced the manual. :\

Twice I attempted to look at the downloads at the Asus site for your audio options and twice I was kicked off the internet. Did you try another option?

I did try another version, same thing happens.

Also, this is the other option I get when I go to SETUP.

Hmmm, let's ty this from a different angle. Now these is only a suggestions but...

1. Perhaps you can uninstall your audio drivers first and then see if the BSODs stop. Then go back to Asus' website and see if they load. They just might need to be uninstalled and then re-installed.

2. Contact Asus' tech support via email and maybe they will get back to you. I would want to know why none of the audio ioptions will install to your motherboard. Tell them pertinent information: BSODs, minidump read with cited driver, and the inability to install any options for your motherboard.

3. Lastly, disable onboard audio in the BIOS and purchase a sound card.

4. Update your chipset drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back