Before i download this browser

Does it remove add ons that I have paid for. I downloaded fire fox last night and thought it was good. today it sent me a list of the add ons that it has disabled. I paid for most of them so dont feel they have the right to do this. even my email account was removed. virus software, malware, flash player and a lot more were removed.

Not sure where I got it. just searched for browser since ie was useless. we had it on this desk top for years. I paid for malwarebytes, avast and extended apts. they also said they removed my email addy, my flash player and I did try to download adobe but it failed. I am not computer savvy so I might not be saying the right thing. I just dont think they have any business taking away my add ons

Fundamentally, NO browser 'needs' addons as they have always been convenience items. Yes, there are times that it is necessary to remove specific addons due to conflicts in their design and doing so is actually a great favor to you.

Example, Adobe is now a major risk and Flash is now a disapproved technology as has been replaced with HTML5. Yes, it's also sad that you paid good $$ for any of these and now are left holding the bag.

Make a list of which ones were disabled/uninstalled and then go looking for what NEEDS to be replaced, eg email access. Your email account is still valid -- you just need access to it again.

Back