Ben Heck's latest mod: the Xbox 360 Slim Portable

Emil

Staff

Ben Heck is known for his console mods, and his latest Microsoft endeavor does not disappoint. Heck has converted the Xbox 360 Slim into what he calls the Xbox 360 Slim Portable. The construction of the unit is being covered over the first six episodes of The Ben Heck Show.

Compared to his 2009 version of a portable Xbox 360, this device is 1.5-inches narrower left to right and an inch shorter front to back. That's impressive if you take note that this time it has an internal power supply, is even quieter than before, and the touch sensitive power and eject buttons of the Slim have been preserved. Heck has included pushbutton control audio amplification, his fan grate design copied from his PS3 Laptop, and a PVC plastic routed case. The included monitor is a Gateway 1775W 17-inch widescreen LCD display with a 1280×720 resolution.

The current model is being given away as part of a contest on The Ben Heck Show, but he's making two others for purchase if you've got that kind of money.

Permalink to story.

Ooh, and what's this one cost? 30,000 dollars? 100,000? Neat stuff he makes but his prices are beyond ridiculous.l

Guest said:
Ooh, and what's this one cost? 30,000 dollars? 100,000? Neat stuff he makes but his prices are beyond ridiculous.l

Slightly exaggerated don't you think Guest? Ben Heck is an artist, and art costs money. $4k-$6k for a large custom game console laptop? Sure it's pricey, but there's nothing to suggest he'll step into the realm of 5 or 6 digits yet. In all honesty, the man is a genius when it comes to modding! I have mad respect for this guy.

I'm very inspired by his creation on multiple levels. I believe that's one of the things art is supposed to do for people

I think you are correct about the 4k-6k pricing, ast cost pal! deal with it!... but anyways I´m questioning my self ¿would that xbox slim overheat at some point?

Honestly if his machines cost as little as 6k I'm surprised that he doesn't make more of them to garner some real profit off of them. What does he do for a living besides mod consoles?

Honestly if his machines cost as little as 6k I'm surprised that he doesn't make more of them to garner some real profit off of them. What does he do for a living besides mod consoles?

As little as $6K? The real question is what do YOU do for a living, and where do I sign up?

Back