Best of: 7 Great Skyrim Mods

Jos

Staff

great skyrim mods skyrim elder scrolls

Skyrim was released over three years ago! In video game terms it's a senior citizen, and by all rights should be long gone. But it's still insanely popular, in large part down to the variety of game-changing mods available for it.

From UI tweaks to texture overhauls, thanks to mods users are able to customise almost any part of Skyrim they want, resulting in a game that can be as fresh and as weird as their imagination (or system) can handle.

If you've been out of the Skyrim loop for a year or two — understandable, given the game's age and the way people move on! — or have just got around to picking it up in a sale, here are the best mods for the game. If you haven't already, you'll want to install them ASAP.

Read the complete article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Graphical mods are great but anyone who wanted them or could use them would have them by now, especially these that are already at the top of the rankings on all the sites and such...
maybe some gameplay mods would have been nice. or something. idk.

Im late but I finally downloaded and started Skyrim last night so this post timing is perfect. I have owned it for over 1 year but has been on my "I will play it one day" list

I killed a chicken, that upset someone, that upset a whole town, they killed me, for a chicken, I uninstalled. I had played for .... 5 minutes ... 10.
Best modification I ever made to this game.

I killed a chicken, that upset someone, that upset a whole town, they killed me, for a chicken, I uninstalled. I had played for .... 5 minutes ... 10.
At least it's not like a Legend of Zelda game where if you try and kill chickens, they kill you instead. =p

At least it's not like a Legend of Zelda game where if you try and kill chickens, they kill you instead. =p

Tell that to the chickens inside the secret KFC just outside Kakariko Village. That bird was so good, I almost lost my ocarina on account of the grease.

that's medieval ****. If you would have killed my chicken, I would've whooped your arse, too.

Nevertheless, Skyrim is one of the best, if not the best games ever made. So you'll miss something.

I installed minecraft and pressed the key to punch a tree but it didn't punch the tree, it opened the menu. They had the wrong key to punch the tree, so I uninstalled minecraft after 2 minutes.

>smithing overhaul
>smithing recycling
>Midas magic
>dragonsouls for perks
>bigger dragons
>harder dragons
>more dragons
>Enchanting Overhaul
>dynamic merchants
>realistic lighting
>detailed cities
>Detailed outskirts
>Lush Grass(don't download the lush trees mod)
>Open cities

Just to name a few of the ones I use on a regular basis. I have over 150 mods loaded and use to make my own for morrowind and oblivion. Didn't do much with skyrim since the workshop made everything so easy.

Immersive Patrols, Duel: Combat Realism, Skyrim Unleashed, Run For Your Lives, Frostfall, Realistic Needs and Diseases, Interesting NPCs, Dance of Death, Deadly Dragons, Magic Duel, Enhanced Camera, Skyrim Unbound... just to name a few, and I highly recommend INIGO as a follower mod.

Most of these are trash convenience mods. There are plenty of other mods that deserve a spot. War Zones of skyrim to name one.

Back