Best Pentium 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a Northwood not a Prescott, I just want the best processor with the highest speed so I won't have to upgrade it again

well if you dont want to have to upgrade again, or im thinking for a long while, you're talking about a new chip set. Even the best p4 for your socket does about 40% of what a mid ranged core 2 duo can do.

The problem with that is I don't have the money for a new motherboard and new chipset, operating system, case and what not. I just want a P4 at it's peak for a socket 475 mpga...the ones i've seen are at 3.06 but have HT technology which I don't think my motherboard has.

Really, it's better to just save up some extra cash and go for a whole new system. I have a low end Core 2 Duo for socket 775, and if I disabled one core and underclocked the CPU by about 40%, it would still probably be faster than the fastest P4s on socket 478.

You can get a new motherboard, new CPU, 2 GB of RAM for about 180 dollars if you know where to look. Or at least I can in my town, and I pay in Canadian dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back