Best suitable card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultiweap

Hi,

I would like to know what card should go with my PC. I have actually a onboard graphic card from Intel but I would like to know what card should I buy for a good gaming experience and also a card not too expensive.

Thanks in advance for the help

So how much do you have to spend?

A geforce 8400 will play source based games alright, Crysis and other newer games on the lowest settings with 800x600 resolution.

I would aim for a 8500 GT though if you have under 100$.

What is your budget? Without knowing that recommendations are just shots in the dark.

So while we are shooting blindly, I'll suggest a 9600GT.

My budget is actually to 175$ thats is Rs4785 in my country and I don't think I would get a good card at that price in my country(Mauritius). But I think I can get it on the web. What card do you recommend as I will buy it on the web?

i as well, recommend the 9600 GT. You get much more performance than a 8600 GT and its performance is very close to that of a 8800 GT. Should cost you less than the 175 USD :)

Thanks for all your help

Ok wil try to get one but where do you think I may get one on the net for less than or equal175USD card price and shipping too...???

I'm not sure where you can find cheap shipping or items in Mauritius but you can always try ebay xD

The 9600GSO or the 9600GT

the 9600GSO is basically an 8800GT with an updated BIOS, but its really cheap and delivers respectable gaming performance

Ok will try to find one on ebay... Found some good card but will take a little more time of reflection before buying.

Hey...

I have an HP Compaq dx2300 Microtower but I don't know exactly what mobo I have but I would like to know if someone know what mobo it is?

Also I would like if it support crossfire for me to be able to combine my onboard card with my future new graphic card?

Then you're limited to getting a mid-range card, since you have only a 250W PSU in your PC, and getting a powerful card like the 9600GT will need you to get a new PSU as well. I'm not sure if you'll be able to fit a regular ATX PSU in there, so you'll have to measure the current PSU's dimensions and see if you can get a new PSU with the same or smaller dimensions. For the 9600GT\GSO or the 8800GT, you'd need a PSU with at least 26A on the +12V rails combined.

And no, Crossfire doesn't work with an onboard video chip, besides the fact that your motherboard doesn't support Crossfire at all.

Ah ok...

Thats bad very bad... I will check for the PSU because I need a good card graphic to my play my game as this onboard one did not have Vertex Shader and Transform & Lightning that most game need.

One more thing that is annoying me, I had Vista two days before but when I tried to put XP by booting only XP booted I tried to use Vista Boot pro 3.3 to make the two booting but got a problem and also Vista booted and XP got problem when I tried to open. Now I have XP only and I would like to know if I put Vista now by booting will both boot directly or I will need to do something for it?

Thanks for help in advance

Can someone help me with the problem for Vista...

I have XP right now but will like to add Vista on another partition to have both but I would like to know if I will get problem with booting if I do it?

Thanks in advance for any help
Armand

Thanks.... Because I did the reverse process before(Vista before then install XP) and I got a lot of problem with it.

Now I can install it normally.

I can't understand the suggestion on 4th floor.
on my opinion,8500GT and 8400GS is just a trash.it's not a good idea to buy them
so why not choose 9600GT or HD3850? If you can afford more ,HD4850 would be a
better choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back