Better utility for showing and connecting to Wi-Fi APs on Windows 8.1

Here is my problem:

I'm trying to connect to a wifi AP which is far to my laptop.

But since there are too many other APs in my area, Windows 8.1 View Connections built-in utility shows the other available connections, except the AP that I want to connect to.

When I use another software like WifiInfoView, it actually shows my AP without any problem with signal quality of ~60%. However WifiInfoView doesn't allow me to connect directly from within the software.

I would like to know if there is a better alternative to Windows 8.1 View Connections built-in utility, that I can actually see all the available wifi APs and connect to the desired one.

Hmm; Your station (SSID) should be the dominant signal compared to others in the vicinity. Are you attempting to span an open yard to a guest house (or the like)?

You need something like inSSIDer to see all the stations AND which channels they are using. A 2.4GHZ will perform better in this case than the 5GHZ band.

You should be able to connect using Other -> and manually enter your SSID, the encryption method (WEP, WPA2) and the passphrase.

Back