BIOS and Realtek audio device problem

Hello!
Yesterday, I lent my CPU to a friend so that he could update his Bios for a newer processor, after that when I reinstalled it in my pc and the BIOS detected the configuration again and made a reset, I stopped having sound, the Realtek drivers disappeared and I can't use my speakers and microphone. After that I investigated the drivers and updates of my bios on the official MSI page, I made an update that was about sound fixes, and nothing happens, I rule out that it is driver problems in windows because I tried a thousand solutions and nothing happens from controllers and drivers from Realtek. I think it is something from the BIOS.

PS: Within the bios configuration the audio is enabled.

My motherboard model is MSI a320M-a Pro Max.

Thanks!

Attachments

• dispositivos.jpg
    dispositivos.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 6
  • dispositivos2.jpg
    dispositivos2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 7
The Nvidia sound card you are showing in your attachments is a sound card built in to the Nvidia graphics card so that you can get sound over a HDMI cable. I see your Realtek sound card is not even detected, that's why drivers won't help. I would suggest that it has been turned off in BIOS but you say it is turned on eh?

The Nvidia sound card you are showing in your attachments is a sound card built in to the Nvidia graphics card so that you can get sound over a HDMI cable. I see your Realtek sound card is not even detected, that's why drivers won't help. I would suggest that it has been turned off in BIOS but you say it is turned on eh?

Hello Kshipper.
In the attached image I'm showing there's no Realtek device, only Nvidia from HDMI. My sound card is the real problem, I can't use my speakers and microphone. It's already turned ON in the BIOS. The big question is, what is going on in the BIOS? MSI has not fixed this problem?

I agree. You will have sound problems. There is no sound card detected ....that is the cause of problem. If it is not detected that it is no longer working and it's built into the motherboard. Now you need to find a sound card and it to a spare PCIeX slot or a USB sound card. In the meantime if you use a HDMI screen that supports sound over the HDMI you could hear sound that way but the microphone won't work until you get a sound card. Another way is to get a USB digital headset. That is a sound card too and they usually have a boom microphone. That might be better actually.

I agree. You will have sound problems. There is no sound card detected ....that is the cause of problem. If it is not detected that it is no longer working and it's built into the motherboard. Now you need to find a sound card and it to a spare PCIeX slot or a USB sound card. In the meantime if you use a HDMI screen that supports sound over the HDMI you could hear sound that way but the microphone won't work until you get a sound card. Another way is to get a USB digital headset. That is a sound card too and they usually have a boom microphone. That might be better actually.

Yes, that's all the solutions I think, but if I get a new card sound for the motherboard, are there chances that it won't detect it?

Now I'm using sound from my monitor, and that's work fine, but in the future, I always need to buy a monitor with sound support. Until I get a sound card.

I try to contact MSI support, nobody knows what to answer me, hang up the phone, or leave the chat.

Is there any good USB headset?

Thanks.

I focused on the USB headset because you said "Microphone" ...as soon as you want to use speakers and a microphone at the same time the people on the other side hear echo from you. a USB headset solves that =)

I like Plantronics headsets with noise cancelling. I have used and recommended Microsoft and Logitech headsets too. There are lots of choices. Comfort is the hard part.

Back