BIOS media failure help please!

buggered

hi, just rebuild the insides of my computer booted up so that I could install the operating system. slight problem as it told me that I had a meida failure and I needed to check my cables, well I did I changed around all of my cables, no such luck same error, so any idea on how to fix it????

thanks in advanced!!!

you need to set up your boot order in bios to read from Cd/Dvd drive first. then put your windows dvd in, when it says press any key to load from disk, press any key.

ahhh missed that bit, thanks

now for my next problem, half way through the windows is loading the whole computer shuts down!!! what have I done noow?????????

It might help to know what version of Windows you are trying to install.

sorry, its windows 7

3.06 core i3
4GB DDR3 RAM
620W PSU
if there are any other core stats you need to know please ask

thanks

tip

check for cooling problems - it can be one cause of midway crashes without errors and shutdowns - check power supply - check connections from motherboard/hdd/dvd to power supply

shuts down as in power failure, no BSOD

really strange as this is a brand new PSU with enough power to run this system

EDIT: I have check both the connectors and the cooling, neither seem to be a problem.

Are all the fans connected to the correct motherboard headers?

My hunch is that something was not connected right.

the only fan I could see being a problem is my rear fan has a 3-4 pin adapter to a peripheral plug rather than attaching its self to the mother board,

unless I can use the standard 3 pin female on a 4 pin male??

ohh the other thing it might be but I don't see why it should,

I have 4+4 connector but only need a 4, would that do it??

cheers

Were you able to install Windows, or it crashes during the installation process?

At which point, in either case, does it crash?

part way through the 2nd "Windows is loading files..." screen

ok its now gotten past is but its still died just after it changed to the windows is starting screen

i support the cooling theory - either than that you just have the motherboard to blame.

can be badly seated thermal module or faulty heatpipes if the cooler si not cloged up by dust - badly seated means cooler is not hot but cpu gets hot since no enough heat is transfered

if it has heatpipes and u can touch them check to see how hot they get towards the base(near cpu) and if you notice big differences along the heappies as they climb up into the aluminum fins.

unfortunately the manual doesn't detail the BIOS as much as other manufacturers, and I don't have a recent intel BIOS that I can go into. just go through all the screens and options, you should be able to find something which shows the temperatures (unless their BIOS don't support that)

but going past that, is your cooler installed properly, fins free of dust, etc?

hi, thanks for all of your help so far it really is appreciated

I had a look through most of the screens and I couldn't find it, so i do think that it may not be supported

Back