Bios Not seeing hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying to get one of my old computers running that had a hard drive go bad in it by putting in another hard drive from a different laptop. Formated the good hard drive on the other laptop before putting it into its new home. However when I try and boot to bios i cant find the hard drive in the boot list. The computer is a prostar running phoenix cme firstbios with a toshiba mk3021gas hard drive. Windows setup wont detect the hdd either. Any suggestions cuz the stupid comp manufacturer quit talking to me when I told them I didnt have nuff money to send it in.

yea the brand of the pc it is going into is a prostar d900t and the hard drive came from a toshiba satalite (cant getting anymore specific then that). the previous hard drive in the prostar was also a toshiba mx6026gax so yes i am replacing it with a older hdd. Tried setting up to run in raid in bios menu and it will read the disk and show in boot order now so i cant figure out what i am missing

If by "formatted" you mean you totally installed Windows using one PC and now you're trying to put that drive into another PC, it's not going to work out for the best ;). You should install Windows with the HDD attached to the PC you want to use it on.

That said, are the drive interfaces the same? What are you working with here...

ah nah found the problem but thanks for your help missed the whole installing drivers thing. didnt knowu could do it in windows setup till i was looking at the hit f6 to install third party software. Its formating in the new pc now so should be up and again soon. First time installing a hard drive and the prostar tech rep got me totally off track telling me it was a hdd controller issue and to send it in. Thanks tho for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back