BIOS update went wrong, need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i was wondering if anyone had any advice.

Last night i updated my bios (ASUS M2N4-SLI), unfortunately during the update the power went off in the house :mad: when i boot now nothing happens, the keyboard and mouse are not even booting. There is power to the motherboard but i can’t get a boot screen or anything, is there any way that i can sort this out?

many thanks

Hachi

Unfortunately there is little you can do if the flashing has failed. If the motherboard does not POST, you are most-likely looking at a paperweight. There may be a bit of hope if your mainboard has a chip socket (meaning you can physically pull the BIOS chip) but most are soldered right to the PCB. If you can remove the BIOS chip, you can send it to BIOSMAN where they will replace it and reflash the corrupt chip. I've used them before, it's a very good service.

As far as soldered goes, I'm afraid that's tough luck. Replace the motherboard.

well in that case you are in luck! just take a paperclip or something and remove the BIOS chip from it's socket. send it to BIOSMAN and they will send you a new chip and reflash the old one to good as new (make sure to provide your motherboard model with the chip when you ship it). once you get them, pop one back in and go. fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back