Black screen after RAM installation

well i tried to install RAM into my Pc turned on and mi MSI mother board said there was something wrong whit the CMOS..so i choose use defult settings...after that i got a black screen whit a white "-' flashing and then nothing happend.

i turned of my pc and removed the new ram and reboot..

after the MSI motherboard logo appers y get the same black screen with the '-' flashing

i dont know what to do..i tried loading defult settings from BIOS and dint work

I'm not trying to criticize, but it would be helpful if you could phrase your words better with proper spelling and punctuation.

So let me get this straight, you have a PC that ran normally. You decided to add more RAM, but when you did, the BIOS told you that there was a CMOS error. You reset to default settings and now there's a blinking dash and then a black screen. Thinking the new RAM was the problem (a logical deduction), you took the RAM out, but the same blinking dash to black is happening.

Is this correct?

Please put more information about your PC. More specifically the models of the components and the last stable boot you had.

As above.

Also, resetting the BIOS to default settings may have moved your boot order around, and the the flashing dash your getting might be the result of your hard disk boot order being messed up. I say might, because it could be anything.

Please supply the following information:

1. Your motherboards model number (so we can find it online and check the RAM information)
2. Your RAM's information, including model number (this is usually pretty long!).
3. The current RAM installed (make and model, and capacity, speed and size per stick).
4. Insert all the RAM sticks you intended on using, and boot into BIOS, check the memory information in BIOS and let us know if it is recognising all of the RAM please)
5. If it doesn't, remove the old RAM, reboot into BIOS and tell us if it recognises the new RAM correctly.

sorry for my English..not my first language..

well i dont know what happend but now its start normally..well after de white "-" flashes a few times...then i can choose to boot on windows 7 or XP... so thx for helping!

Back