Black screen before windows loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigbizzle

When i boot up the computer it seems alright upon till the loading screen. u don't even get to see a loading screen it just goes black. Can i please get some advice on how to fix the computer with the windows disc. ive put it in and ran the boot up from cddrive. i just have no idia how to fix it from there lol. when i ran it in safe mode it stopped 5 lines down. plz help me out would really appreciate it =).

Which windows disc (Xp? Vista? another OS?)

Is this a laptop or PC?
Are you running an addon Video card (well this is PC only question)

We need to know more specifications about your computer to help you

At a guess I would suggest to run CheckDisk from your Windows CD on the Recovery Console ie chkdsk c: /f (Try that)

Oh and please put your System Specs information in your Profile

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/installxpcdrepair/part3.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/installxpcdrepair/part3.htm

But try the checkdisk first

Boot from Windows Xp (Pro or Home) CD
Select R prompt
Logon on to the Administrator account (by pressing 1 and then by pressing the enter key)
Hopefully no password
On the command prompt type: chkdsk c: /f
Wait until finished checking (and possibly repairing)
Then remove the Xp CD
Type EXIT the enter
Restart

Your words are hard to read. Maybe re-read them before posting. You fixed them :)

Sounds to be a Partition fault. I'm pretty sure that Gparted live CD may fix those ( I use a program called Partition Magic)

Please download, burn and boot from the live CD, to see if you can fix the Partition fault

As the partition area is critical. If you have data on the computer, you wish to keep (just in case) I would suggest you remoove the HardDrive, and plug it into another computer (as a secondary drive) and backup any user data. Then proceed to run Gparted

2 things.
Do i download the Gparted live CD from a site and
if i use this will it defiantly delete all the stuff on my hard drive.

so, when i finished downloading this program, burn it to a free disc and then put in the computer and start with the boot cddrive first am i correct?

Correct :grinthumb

And it won't do anything (dangerous) when it's just booting up and viewing stuff (ie your Partition)

Actually please let me know what option there is to repair
But if I'm offline, then I might not reply back for a few hours

ok i downloaded it and ive burnt the dparted to the disc. i put it in and it went through alot stuff. i took it out now it wont even get past verafying pool data.

it comes up with a list of options like boot up hard drive and stuff it also has a countdown do i just let it count down?? when i did before, it did all this righting and set clock timer and stuff?? then it came up to this table with like turn off and other icons.

If it says "Press any key to boot from CD" then just press the space bar (to boot from CD)

Then continue following the XP repair guide above

I hope this helps, because I'm getting busier with other threads !

hmmm.... damb. it says the volume appears to contain 1 or more unrecoverable problems. did i do something wrong with the dparted disc???

You know I don't know (I probably should really learn more about free Gparted CD :rolleyes:

Presently though, go back up there, and run Check Disk again (I think Check Disk should now repair the faults)

Then go back to Windows repair (oh my god!; anyway do that)

ok im at a table on the gparted disc and there is some icons saying.
exit, screenshot, Terminal, Gparted, Info, Screen Resolution.
What do i do from there?

There must be a help there, possibly the Info
But something there does fix or repair or something
Actually I cannot help here, until I learn more

But I know that others have used it, and fixed their issues before (So there must be something)

ok on that site thay have there harddrives being scanned on mine it aint doing anything there is nothing pending why is it not scanning??

lol just curious will my comp need to be hooked up to the net??

ok lol been a while all that gparted thing does is let u create new partitions i need to repair the ones i got dont i???

I'm thinking Backup in another computer (if you need to backup anything) As stated before

Then install Windows clean (ie remove the faulty Partition !)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back