Black screen then load?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new gigabyte board, because my old one fried. And a new processor. At first it was loading a tad slow, maybe 20 seconds of a black screen then it'd go on. Now it's taking about 3-4 minutes of a straight black screen and then it'll post ect..

I can't figure out what the problem is. Any ideas/suggestions?

Honestly, this is a crap thread.

I was hoping that you could explain more clearly about your system specification, and then explain your situation.

Also, you didn't even bother telling us how you attempted to fix this problem.

Okay..

Mobo - Gigabyte Ga-ma770-ds3
Proc - Amdx2 6000
Ram - 2gigs ddr2 pc6400
hd - wd 80gigs (sata) (not even formatted yet)
old hd - seagate barracuda 160g (ide) (same problem with this one in)
7800gt
600w zalman psu (worked fine for about 2years now)

I've messed with the leds, took out ram, 1 at a time, unplugged everything not needed, switched out the HDs, tried different cables. Everything is clean obviously being brand new, minus psu/graphics/ram which i cleaned out..

And I had previously messed with the bios assuming I had everything correctly in order as the mobo is new and I went into them at first startup the other day.

Ok, very good. Thank you for taking your time explaining the specification.

First of all, have you tried to power up your computer by just motherboard, 1 stick of ram and a video card?

It seem that you have been fooling around with the bios recently, so will you be kindly to reset the BIOS and try again?

I'll reset the mobo and see what happens as soon as it'll turn on and post again.

I'll post results when I'm done.

Do you have any externally attached USB drives or jump drives on your computer while booting? If so, remove them. Newer systems have USB boot as an option and I have seen it first in the detection in the BIOS. If there are USB drives attached it may be slower to boot because it is looking for the proper boot device. If boot from USB is an optioin in your BIOS, suggest moving it to the boot of the boot sequence.

I was observing a Dell doing the same thing and noticed to USB drives attached that were already powered up. I turned off the power to those drives and the system immediately came up.

Just a thought.

Optical/Lan lights on mobo went black. Mouse/keyboard wont light up. But fans/cpu fan/graphics will power up (no 6 pin attatched). Computer kept restarting, so i shutdown, and it wouldn't come back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back