Blu-ray optical drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pabadosado

Ok now i have a question... do you need a blu-ray optical drive to watch blu ray disc on your comp.. cause when i was on newegg and was looking up stuff it had dual layer dvd burner/whatever... does that mean i can watch blu ray with it? since it is a dual layer dvd. idk i was just wondering cause im wanting to get a laptop with blu-ray so i dont have to buy a hdtv and a blu ray player and be poor for the rest of my life cause then im gonna have to get hdtv cable and what not. lol.. i was just wondering what the basic essentials are for watching blu-ray disc on a pc.. or buring as well.

The dual layer burner doesn't mean bluray. There are Dual Layer DVDs, in fact, that is what most store bought DVDs are. Single layer will only get you ~4.3 gigs. Dual will get you about 8.5.

You can buy a bluray drive for a PC though for less than $100, and then output your video to a HDTV and get full bluray HD.

If you get a laptop with bluray and never output it to TV, you are doing yourself a disservice, because the resolution for bluray movies is going to be higher than your laptop's display can do (in most cases).

cool thanks a lot... idk where i saw it but someone said that your laptop has better resolutions than your tv does. so thats why i was just gonna get something with a hd graphics card and somehting in the bigger screen sizes with a bd player/burner.. cost a little extra for the burner part but thats always worth it.

It does have higher resolution than standard TVs, but its unlikely to have higher resolution than a 1080HD TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back