Blue screen - 0x0000000A troubleshooting help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r34lRockNRolla

I have been reading up on this, either it's a bad driver or bad hardware (from what I have been reading)

I can load up my computer into safe mode perfectly fine, I load up my computer normally and 3/4 of the time I get the blue screen

the full error message I get is

0x0000000A ( 0xFF131072, 0x0000002, 0x00000000, 0x804D9B64)

In Event Properties under system - Save Dump

0x1000000A (0xFF131072, 0x0000002, 0x00000000, 0x804D9B64) A dump was saved in in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini0532709-27.dmp.

and I have countless dumps, all the same code minus the last 2 digits before the .dmp.

My computer is a Toshiba M200 Protege Tablet Laptop

Any chance it's something as simple as the RAM?

0xA errors are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting an IRQ Level they have no right to.

So, yes, it can be due to RAM. A simple thing to do is run Memtest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 Passes: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Due to the fact we are dealing with BSODs the mods may move this to the BSOD forum under the Windows OS forum.

I had no idea where to put this. So I AM SORRY! I'm such a newb it hurts =/

and thank you hopefully I can get it running enough to run the tests

edit!

crap I don't have a cd drive or floppy drive on the laptop... any suggestions?

No problem about being a newb because we all have started out being newbs. :)

I looked up your specs and I've got to say I am suprised that it has neither a floppy or CD drive (as you mention). Anyway, how old is your laptop? From what I have been researching older BIOS' aren't capable of booting from a flash drive, but this doesn't mean this is so in your case.

I assume your laptop is long out of warrenty, correct? If so you could try taking out one stick of RAM at a time and try running that way to determine if one or both sticks give you BSODs. Your system takes PC2700 which is an older RAM but you can still find it easily enough.

But before doing even that, please attach your minidump files to your next post.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

No problem about being a newb because we all have started out being newbs. :)

I looked up your specs and I've got to say I am suprised that it has neither a floppy or CD drive (as you mention). Anyway, how old is your laptop? From what I have been researching older BIOS' aren't capable of booting from a flash drive, but this doesn't mean this is so in your case.

I assume your laptop is long out of warrenty, correct? If so you could try taking out one stick of RAM at a time and try running that way to determine if one or both sticks give you BSODs. Your system takes PC2700 which is an older RAM but you can still find it easily enough.

But before doing even that, please attach your minidump files to your next post.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

I zipped them but I can't connect online from Safe mode and it keeps crashing on regular start up FML! haha

As soon as I can I will attach them

uuuggghhhhhh >_< I had logged in, and right as I attached the file I got blue screened this is annoying

This is why I like minidumps: It is not your RAM, it is a driver - w22n51.sys - which is an Intel Wireless Driver/NIC card driver. All five minidumps are the same 0xA error and all cite this driver as the cause of your woes.

1. Go to Toshiba's website. Find your model of your laptop and update with their latest offerings, not just wireless drivers (except leave the BIOS alone for right now).

* Does this stop the BSODs? You should be able to access via Safe Mode.

2. If that doesn't help then you can either go to Intel's website and update their drivers for your particular card OR it could be your wireless/NIC card has gone bad.

* Keep us up-to-date on what you have tried and the results.

This is why I like minidumps: It is not your RAM, it is a driver - w22n51.sys - which is an Intel Wireless Driver/NIC card driver. All five minidumps are the same 0xA error and all cite this driver as the cause of your woes.

1. Go to Toshiba's website. Find your model of your laptop and update with their latest offerings, not just wireless drivers (except leave the BIOS alone for right now).

2. If that doesn't help then you can either go to Intel's website and update their drivers for your particular card OR it could be your wireless/NIC card has gone bad.

that make sense why I can go on safe mode perfectly fine, it doesn't load up anything for the wifi, haha thanks!

it also has a wifi switch on the side I am loading up the laptop right now w/ it off

EDIT!

yeah I turn the wifi off and it works perfectly fine thank you guys so much

Ok I also forgot to mention, I can sign on wifi w/o the problems at home.

But at work (where I was earlier) and one of my friends house I get blue screened, I went to the Toshiba website, tried to get the driver it said I already have a newer ver. of the driver installed so I am about to go to the intel site to see if their is a newer ver. than what I have and if not I'll reinstall that ver. of the driver

EDIT!

Intel just sent me over to the Toshiba website... any suggestions?

So for clarity sake your WiFi works flawlessly at home; no Blue Screens correct?

But at work and a friend's house you Blue Screen continuously, correct?

So for clarity sake your WiFi works flawlessly at home; no Blue Screens correct?

But at work and a friend's house you Blue Screen continuously, correct?

yeah the exact time line of me getting this laptop went

I bought the computer tried it at a friends house --> worked perfect

a few hours later went to another friends house --> didn't work

At work --> didn't work

At home --> worked

at work yesterday the I.T. guy pulled out the ram and put it back in, I got home turned my laptop on and it worked perfect, I thought thus maybe the ram was loose. I got to work today and it didn't work, now we all know it's the because of the wifi in some way shape or form haha

When I read that the IT guy pulled your RAM and then it worked for awhile I decided to look at your second set of 5 minidumps to see if something else came up, but no go.

Like the first set, all errors are 0xA and all cite the same Intel driver. If updated drivers aren't working either a) your lapto doesn't like your friend's and work's internet connection/service or b) most likely you could be looking at a bad Wi-Fi card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back