Blue Screen 0x0000007E error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello TechSpot, I keep getting this blue screen with the 0x0000007E error after replacing my motherboard. I had to take a picture of the blue screen in order to see the message as it flashed really fast after the xp logo.

Specs that I'm trying to run:

HIPRO 300W MicroATX Power Supply (from an old eMachine's desktop)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz
GIGABYTE GA-M61P-S3
Onboard Video (NVIDIA GeForce 6100)
Onboard Audio (Realtek ALC883)
No PCI Cards
2x 1GB DDR2 SDRAM

I could enter the safe mode fine and installed every necessary drivers. I updated BIOS to its latest version, but it still gave me the error. I was wondering if it was the low power causing this problem. On its label, it says 3.3v+5v shall not exceed 160w, and 3.3v+5v+12v shall not exceed 280w. If it is, could you recommend some good PSUs? What would be the minimum PSU power that I should use. Thanks.

The exact error message:
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xBA318756, 0xBA43430, 0xBA4E312C)
And that's it, there are no drivers listed beneath it.

Hello, did you reinstalled the OS when you changed the motherboard ?

Can you please post minidumps from your system, you can find these in C:\windows\minidump. If you have multiple dumps zip them in one file and attach them with your next post.

How much you'd want to spend on your new PSU? and do you plan to add any new hardware to this system (e.g. graphic card) on a later date (will help in suggesting the right PSU solution)? Regards

No, I didn't reinstall the OS.

I'm attaching all the dump files in the minidump folder although all of them were generated before 2010.

I was thinking of the 400W PSU from Corsair seeing that it was rated good with a reasonable price. I plan to add GeForce 7600 GS which I already own when I get a new PSU.

Attachments

• Minidump.7z
    158.5 KB · Views: 1
Well if you change motherboard you are much better off by re-installing OS. You can get away with changing processor, graphics card, ram, adding or taking out hdds etc. but not with motherboard (IMHO). Anyway, I will have a look at your updates asap and let you know of the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back