Blue Screen at log on (Windows XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been happening since the morning. When I reach the log on screen, and click on Administrator, a blue screen comes, I tried starting the computer on Safe Mode and it did start but afterwards when I tried to log in using the Normal mode, a box appeared saying:

savedump.exe- Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly ( 0xc0000005 ). Click on OK to terminate the aaplication.

Then I clicked on Administrator and there it was again !!

Something like 0x0000008E.

And another box was also there saying "wscript.exe".

Thanks,
FlipFlop

What is the brand and model, or motherboard of computer. What is the hard drive brand and age.
It appears you have a failed hard drive, but you may just have to run a repair or a reinstall.
Can you put it in another computer jumpered as a slave drive to test?

Here are some specs:

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 series
Model: Compaq Presario SR5450F

I don't really know the model of the motherboard or hard drive.

BTW: Does Minidump help?

The Presario SR5450F is a decent computer, but too often had Maxtor or Hitachi or Samsung drives whice failed early.
Your hard drive likely needs replacement and install using your Compaq install disk set. If you do not have the disk set they are available cheaply at the www.compaq.com or www.hp.com site for less than $22 including shipping.
Hard drives are found at most online computer stores such as www.directron.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.frys.com, www.techdepot.com, www.cdw.com, www.pcmall.com, www.newegg.com and others.
You have a good chance of recoverying your data and email using your old drive as a slave in that case, or in a USB enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back