Blue Screen Damages Wireless Drivers BCCode 116 (gaming)

New machine with AMD parts, ran fine playing h1z1 but when I went to planetside 2 I started getting crashes. when I would try to restart the game, I would get a bluescreen BCCode 116 and my wireless drivers would not be working.
all drivers and windows updates are up to date, no change.
id love a solution that doesn't involve my hardware being broken.

at one point I realized I didn't have windows updates(point and laugh) and thought that had to be the issue but it just happened again. this is when I saw BCCode 116 and had something to go off of.

can't figure out where the error report is saved but that's part of why I hate windows and only having 3 OS's to choose from but I wont rage about the sad state of our technology here.

Last edited:
Post any minidumps by going to C:\windows\minidump. Select all the .dmp files and right-click, sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here

Could you be more specific? I have the newest drivers according to the control center. do I need to download different ones?

also, I used catalyst control to optimize for planetside 2 and haven't had the problem since. does that make sense?

So you're not getting any Blue Screens any longer? The minidumps were pointing to ATIMPAG.SYS, DXGKRNL.SYS and DXGMMS.SYS all related to the ATI video driver you had installed at the time this trouble started. Is this specific enough?

I'm so baffled. I wasn't getting them after optimizing the game through catalyst control for a while, then all of a sudden tonight I get another similar crash from game->reboot game->blue screen. If my drivers were out of date I would understand the problem but according to CC they're up to date. what also gets me is that it breaks my wireless adapter, I don't see how that could be caused by my vidcard/drivers.

I understand what the computer thinks the problem is, I just don't understand what to do about it. should I perhaps try moving my video card to another slot on the MoBo? I feel like this is the motherboard since it's across multiple devices. I don't know that much about hardware so I'm pretty clueless.

I tried to upload the second file given by the error report but couldn't find it in the AppData folder given. I appreciate the information so far but I need some guidance about where to start in fixing it.

EDIT: after doing some reading around on forums about BC116 and those files you posted I read about how the code is generally caused by heat or power.
I'm 90% sure it's not a heat problem. the top fan feels cool to the touch most of the time.
the power though... I bought a pretty powerful rig. 4.0ghz 8core amd CPU and a 4gb r270 amd GPU. my power supply is 650W which I was assured would be enough but now I question it.

this almost makes me feel like I should stop running it so it doesn't blow up. is this new-computer-paranoia?

Back