Blue Screen Error 0X40000080 on my Dell 530S

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfersmom

As per Kimsland I have updated my profile with my system specs. I am attaching my minidumps and information in my event view (zipped of course). I had confirmed drivers and ran virus scan per instructions as well. I am tired of dealing with Dell (when I do finally get them) because they obviously have no clue as to the extent of their problem. I like my computer but may have to resort to return with help from American Express. Any assitance would be greatly appreciated. Dell has only had me peform a PC Restore, delete minidump files, removed and reinstalled security software and several other obviously procedures that waste time.
Thanks again for your help.

I only looked at your first 5 dumps:

Two times your minidumps cited 0x7E errors:
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

The particular driver noted is WINDRVR.SYS and is the press WinDriver Device Driver 5.05b or WinDriver Device Driver 5.22b belongs to the software WinDriver Device Driver or WinDriver Kernel Module by Jungo or KRFTech.

* I am not sure if you installed this or DELL did. It could and can be legitimate but some malware has been known to mimic. here is a link to read more.

http://www.jungo.com/st/windriver.html

Your three remaining minidumps point to 0x80 errors: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE
This information is from auhma.org -

This general indication of a hardware failure is often quite difficult to pin down. Follow usual hardware troubleshooting protocols, in particular: Roll-back any recent hardware or driver changes; ensure that RAM sticks are matched and undamaged; check for viruses or hard drive damage; run ChkDsk to identify file system problems; ensure that all connections are sound inside the computer and all cards well-seated. In tough cases you may need to consult a professional shop for hardware diagnosis and repair.

The driver cited in all three is ele5132,sys and there is very little on this but what I could find is that it points to the NIC card. if you have updated all drivers but your NIC card is damaged then you need to replace it.

Response to Blue Screen error

This computer began having these when it was only 2 weeks old. From what I have been reading, I am definately not the only one. Dell is not willing to accept responsibility so I am seeking resolve from American Express. I don't have time to waste, as I have on 3 other days.
thanks for your assistance, I really do appreciate your knowledge!!!

I hope it goes well for you. Yesterday 4 people posted 0x80 errors and 3 out of 4 had DELL computers and all 4 cited the same driver.

It seems that not letting hibernate or go into standby mode is a work around, but what good is that.

If you have to deal with DELL directly tell them of what you learned and how many people are experiencing this same issue with their product. Let us know how it goes.

Blue screen errors

I have noticed that this problem seems to be "catching". I have told Dell about this and they are the ones who pointed me to your website. What is frustrating is that they still do not have this issue resolved. As I stated before, I have resorted to going back to American Express to get my $$$ back. What good is this computer if I have to "rig" it to get it to work!!!
As you can tell, I am extremely frustrated---but have by-passed the hibernation, etc. But as you said, what is the point???
Thanks for all you help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back