Windows 7 x64
Amd athlon II x2 240 processor
ECS GF8200A motherboard
PowerColor Radeon 4850 Graphics (recently added) Driver version 9.12
2x 2gb A-Data DDR2 800 Ram
Seagate 500gb ST3500320AS
BFG tech psu 550 watt rated and says two 12v at 18a

The Problem :

Essentially this blue screen problem is completely random ,aside from the new addition of the graphics card but games will play with no problems (the computer never blue screened with onboard geforce 8200). hopefully thats where you guys come in : D . I get a variety of blue screen error codes and i will try to post them all as they come , the only problem is i cannot Force \ recreate the conditions of the blue screen and like i said it appears completely random.
For instance i can use my computer to type this post , play all the way through crysis , and watch a movie . but in seemingly no specific amount of time my computer will BSOD and restart . i really started to notice when i would wake up in the morning and find my computer at the logon screen and windows having recovered from a serious error :(. anyway here is the first bsod code i got.
(Also i dont think it is triggered by standby mode because it has happened a few times during normal use)

BCCode 1E
the rest of the BC# codes are just 0's i think (sorry i closed the error windows before this post and dont have exact numbers)

Tell me what you guys think im trying to decide if i should return the graphics card before the warranty runs out :)

Right now i am using the driver off of the AMD\ATI site and i believe the latest i'll try rolling them back and see if that helps.

I have another error code if it helps

BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002CCC4EC
BCP3: FFFFF88008406E60
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Try first raising the memory voltage 1 or 2 notches. Then lower the voltage if necessary. See if the computer stabilizes

Thanks for the help i will try that , like i said tho i wont know if it fixes it right away i'll let you know and thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back