Blue Screen minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I'm new here and I've been having some problems with my computer. It bluescreens for a second before rebooting.

Here are the dump records:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 6/4/2010
Time: 11:15:26 PM
User: N/A
Computer: DIAMOND
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a (0xa9e41008, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80523919). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini060410-01.dmp.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 6/5/2010
Time: 8:33:37 AM
User: N/A
Computer: DIAMOND
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0x805c0721, 0xb1c3c574, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini060510-01.dmp.

Anyone have an idea on what is causing the problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Can you please post minidumps for analysis? you can find them in c:\windows\minidup. Please zip them in single file if there are multiple dumps.

Similar problem

I have been having the same problem with random shutdowns it happens most often when im playing world of warcraft but sometimes it will happen at ramdom times.
Here are some of the most recent dumps.

Attachments

• Mini060510-01.zip
    104.7 KB · Views: 2
@RhapsodyInBlue
I had a look at your minidumps, and one is 0xA, and the other one is 0x8E error; first minidump specifically points at memory corruption whereas the later one can be caused by faulty RAM as well.

Please download and run memtest, you need to run it for minimum of 8 passes, but remember at times memtest may not be able to catch RAM errors. So longer you run it, the better chance you have to find them.

@angelstrike
It is much better idea to start your own thread to maximize your chance of getting appropriate help. Anyway, I will have a look at your minidumps and let you know about the findings ASAP.

Well I have gone through all of your minidumps and they have exactly the same error and process involved in it, i.e. 0xA, citing Hardware as isse, IP_MISALIGNED.

I suspect it is a hardware issue; however it will take some effort to find the device which may be causing it. To start with, please follow my above recommendations and run memtest. Secondly, download diagnostic tool/utility from your hard disk manufacturer's site and run it to eliminate these two possible suspects.

I also need you to run driver verifier, for this you need to follow these steps.

Please ensure that you can boot your system in safe mode.

1) Windows Key + R (or go to Start, then click on Run..)
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose 'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash the blue screen will hopefully say something like "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". When this occurs please post your new minidump.

Please note that Driver Verifier will continue to run on every boot up until you run (by going to Start, then to Run):

verifier /reset

Used the verifier, the blue screen went to quickly for me to see if it said something different but heres the minidump. Sorry it took so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back