Blue Screen of Death, while using 3dmax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaCru

Was modelling with 3dmax when my com showed me the BSOD.
Can anyone help? Just upgraded my com recently... and this happens. :(

error code = BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 80540608 BCP3 : A65F8CF0
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Attachments

• Mini031507-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 8
Your Minidump points to ntkrpamp.exe Your STOP Error is 0x8E and some of my research points to possible faulty memory. But it can also be faulty drivers.

I am new at this so others with greater knowledge and experience may give you a better idea. At this point I suggest running a MemTest86+ for a minimum of 10 passes.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Two of your three minidumps crash at vsdatant.sys. This is part of your Zonealarm firewall programme and is a known issue on some systems. I suggest you download the free Kerio firewall, then disconnect from the net and uninstall Zonealarm. Install Kerio, then reconnect to the net. See if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Whatever you do, make sure if you are going to use the free Kerio firewall from Sunbelt that it is version 744 because the previous versions caused many users - certainly not all - BSoDs.

I speak from painful personal experience. It was here for the first time that someone read my Minidumps and it always pointed to the same driver -- in three different versions of Kerio.

However, since installing version 744, their latest, I have not experienced [knock on wood, salt over the shoulder, fingers crossed] any crashes. They fixed a lot of issues. See below:

This is taken from the "readme". Looks like Sunbelt has woken up in 2007!

* Corrected issue in which registration fails when firewall is enabled.
* Significant improvement in network performance when web filtering is enabled.
* Enhanced Process Injection prevention to prevent code inject attempts into Windows system DLLs.
* Corrected numerous application crashes in the firewall service.
* Corrected various crashes in assist.exe
* Corrected issue in which setting password and checking for update does not cancel authentication form.
* Corrected issue in which binary data appeared in logs.
* Significant improvement in product stability.

Now this may sound strange, but otherwise I like this Firewall. It passes Shields UP! 100% (realizing that this is only one test) and it is very flexible for personal configuration.

Jeez guys, thanks alot for the response. i appreciate it. Guess i'll just continue using Zonealarm till i get really fed up of it before switching over to keiro.

If you are behind a router, have an anti-virus program and something to handle spyware, then I suggest unintalling ZA and at least using Windows firewall to see if your system has any BSoDs.

If not, then you know it was ZA. There is another free firewall out there that has its very own forums called Comodo. Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back