Blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I turn my kids computer on it go to the eventual blue screen of death, the message I get is 0X00000024(0X0011902FE, 0XF898F814,0X898F510,0XF8366185)
PLEASE HELP ME I'm tried of kids using my computer.

0x24 errors can be due to many things that is either hardware or software related. Do the following.

1. Start Menu > Run > type in ChkDsk and hit okay.

2. Run a full harddrive diagnostics; you can get a free utility from your harddrive manufacturer. if you don't know the make of your harddrive you can download a wonderful little utility that is 100% free called SIW (just google). Install and let it run. On the left will be a column. Click on the Storage Devices icon. It will list the make of your HD.

3. After, not before, you've run your HD diagnostics and there are no errors then defrag your HD, not before.

You can also look for the Error in the Event viewer that corresponds to the BSOD. This will have 3 key pieces of information that help troubleshoot causes of problems like this.

The next time you get the BSOD, glance at the computer clock, then:

Follow this path:
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then go to any place that allows you to type (ie. notepad, wordpad, this board) and you can paste (use CTRL-V) the entire event details there. It makes for easy reporting of the event.

If you want to paste the Event here, you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description- but paste all else. You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

Please follow the copy instruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back