Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my pc for my bday last year december and it played everything fine but it has given blue screen problems with games that require more intense display and my brother had the same problem and it stated it was overheating and he has fixed his but i have a more advanced machine any idea of what it could be?
P.S. my screen does not go to blue screen but it states that the screen last power in place of blue sreen and if i restart it goes back to normal just with games like GRID, COD 5 etc it goes like that.

My specs are:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
E8500 @ 3.16GHz
3.25 GB of RAM
Geforce 9600 graphics card

Any help would be great.

I have the 9600GT in my rig and I never found it getting too hot even under a load.

How are your system temps? Are all fans running? Is the fan on your vid card working properly?

What is the make of your power supply and the amount of watts it supplies?

All fans are working and temp is fine though maybe there isnt enough fans or maybe it might be the power supply im not sure of how many watts though will check and get back

Sp3 Blue Screen of Death and no rhyme or reason

Frequent BSofD driving you nuts?

mouse not working
pc running hot when you run live messenger or image editing programs?
it resolves itself on reboot and then comes back
you've bought all the security software and nothing shows up

well i think whatever this is may be targeting you r router which is why you cannot find anything on your pc
only a theory and not quite sure how it works - some machine harvesting mac addresses and sending a zap down the line triggering a timer switch - irrregular timer switch - who knows not tech enough to know

however if you have any or all of the above try this

go into router settings

uncheck the box that allows other pc's to access your router - ie do not allow other pcs's to ping this router

make sure remote access is turned off - check firewall and check active directory on your pc - setting in active should be disabled - you can always re-enable if you need remote assistance
uncheck remote assistance from firewall unless you really need it

this should not affect you rwindows automatic updates but may prevent other updates masquerading as windows updates

hope this is some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back