Bluescreen (.dmp file)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Stroy

Hi,

just bought a new computer but had two bluescreens. They appeared at seemingly random times (I was just surfing the web). Found this in the Event Viewer:

Error code 10000050, parameter1 fffffffc, parameter2 00000001, parameter3 b5e474e3, parameter4 00000000.

Error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 bab38d70, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

Attaching the two dmp files that belong to the errors above.

I am running Win XP Professional multi lingual on a Q6600 with 4 GB of RAM, 500 GB 16MB cache hard disk and a Geforce 9800GTX. I am conneting to the internet using a university connection that is plugged in to my computer's on board ethernet device (log in via a VPN solution).

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Mini083008-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
Inside the 2 MiniDumps:
BugCheck 1000007F, {8, bab38d70, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe

BugCheck 10000050, {fffffffc, 1, b5e474e3, 0}
Probably caused by : Fastfat.SYS

Can be related to memory fault in Ram (test with Memtest) or Video Card Drivers (please update all your drivers) or even faulty HardDrive (do a CheckDisk)

I am running Win XP Professional multi lingual on a Q6600 with 4 GB of RAM
So obviously it's Xp 64Bit to run 4Gig of Ram (mind you I believe 3Gig is really way maximum for Xp for anything you're running)

You mean, needed (for 4Gig)

No, I think you should preferably remove 2 Gig (or at least 1Gig)
Remember you're in fault condition at the moment (best to reduce, not add more things)

I enabled PAE... shouldn't this solve the problem ? According to Wikipedia PAE is made for this purpose (running a 32 Bit OS with 4 GB). It says after enabling PAE you still can't use the 4 GB for a single process but multiple processes can make full use of the 4 GB...

So I guess if they made this PAE thing to support 4 GB on a 32 Bit System that should solve my problem if that is what has caused it.

that should solve my problem if that is what has caused it
Seems reasonable, only time will tell.
If you do get the same fault though, consider removing 2Gig of Ram (and uninstalling PAE now!)

If you're happy, then this thread is as good as solved :)

I did enable PAE successfully and I hope it will solve the problem. So far I haven't seen any other crashes. Will keep testing.

Just found out that PAE was already enabled before so that can't be it. I updated my drivers and will now test the system further. I really hope the hardware is not broken. Just bought this thing and don't want to send it in for repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back