Bluescreen problem

So I've been getting bluescreens for few days now and today I've had something like 4-6 bluescreens. I have pretty much tried anything from memtests to disabling sound drivers to changing cpu. So far nothing has fixed the problem. Bluescreens occur on random times, sometimes when I'm just surfing in the internet and sometimes when I'm playing something. Most common error message I've had is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Any ideas to fix the problem? Oh, and only critical error in Event Viewer is Kernel-Power (41)

Specs:
AMD Athlon II X4 620
Ati Radeon 5850
6gb ddr 3
Asus M4A77TD Pro
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Attachments

• 042911-17394-01.zip
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 042911-22401-01.zip
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 042911-20935-01.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 042911-16957-01.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 042911-22869-01.zip
    24 KB · Views: 0
Changing a CPU? We never do that until the very last resort, certainly not for a simple blue screen! Did this PC have XP installed on it before Windows 7?

Changing a CPU? We never do that until the very last resort, certainly not for a simple blue screen! Did this PC have XP installed on it before Windows 7?

Nope, it always had W7 Home Premium 64-bit. I changed CPU because I had few old ones laying around.

@ Peeb and Tmagic650 - the two most significant errors showed the following:

Hardware (nothing specifically specified) and the Windows OS driver luafv.sys which is preventing the Avast driver aswMonFlt.sys from loading. Either Avast is the issue or - and I am leaning this way - the hardware, whatever it may be, is the problem.

How many Passes did you run memtest for? Have you done a harddrive diagnostics?

Thanks Route44,
Peeb let's try checking the hard drive for errors. Select RUN then type CHKDSK /f

So I ran the CHKDSK /f and I don't know if I am supposed to see the results immediately after the test or when I next time log into Windows because I was away from the keyboard for a while. So anyway when I logged into Windows the computer crashed, this time without bluescreen, the screen just freaked out and it froze. I'll try to run the test again when I can get as far as Windows.

What is the make of your harddrive? It sounds like you might need to do a harddrive diagnosis by utilizing the manufacture's free utility.

I have two hard drives. The one with Windows and most of the programs is made by Samsung and the other which only has few tv-series and movies is made by Seagate.

blue screen problem

when i had my blue screen it was because one of my family members decided to try and remove some programs and went into the registry and deleted some important files. Had to wipe the whole drive and start over

I have two hard drives. The one with Windows and most of the programs is made by Samsung and the other which only has few tv-series and movies is made by Seagate.

Seagate has a free harddrive diagnostics utility called Seatools for Windows. Burn the file to a CD, place in DVD drive, and reboot. The test will take over almost immediately. Run the following tests: S.M.A.R.T., Short DST, and especially the Long DST. You may have to place your DVD drive as First Bootable in your BIOS for it to engage.

I believe you can run Seatools on Samsung harddrives as well.

Back