Bluetooth Dongle Issue

andy06shake

Currently using an Advent USB Bluetooth dongle in conjunction with my PS4 wireless controller with no issue aside from some latency/distance problems. So I decided to purchase a newer CRS 4.0 Bluetooth dongle, however when I attempt to enable the PS4 controller via the Bluetooth it refuses to see or recognize the device. Tried updating the drivers via Windows update and fetch features but still no luck with the new dongle seeing the controller. Can anyone help?

Right choice (update driver) -- Wrong tool (Ms Update).

Get the make & model of the Dongle. Find the website for that brand name and then find the support, download or firmware webpage. Now download the driver for your specific version of Windows and that model of the dongle.

Right choice (update driver) -- Wrong tool (Ms Update).

Get the make & model of the Dongle. Find the website for that brand name and then find the support, download or firmware webpage. Now download the driver for your specific version of Windows and that model of the dongle.
I have downloaded the CRS suite for the dongle and installed but when I try and add a new device it still refuses to see the PS4 controller.

Make sure the BT is enabled and accepting new devices;
  1. control panel -> device manager; click on BT Radios
  2. in the system tray, find the BT logo, right-click-> Show BT Devices

Make sure the BT is enabled and accepting new devices;
  1. control panel -> device manager; click on BT Radios
  2. in the system tray, find the BT logo, right-click-> Show BT Devices
I don't see "BT Radios" or the "BT logo" anywhere in the device manager listings.

Edit don't see it listed in Devices and Printers nether.

My device manager simply lists "Bluetooth" with the following headings "Generic Bluetooth Radio" "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator" and "Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator"

Edit: Right so here is the trippy part, got board chalking and changing Bluetooth dongles in an attempt to get this new one to see my PS4 controller. Plugged it into my old i5 2500k rig with an ASUS P8P64 motherboard and it did not even, to my knowledge dl or update any drivers plus seen the controller first time.

I'm still thinking its got to be a driver issue or I have somehow managed to corrupt the Bluetooth drivers on my Ryzer MSI/Windows 10 system.

Any further thoughts?

Last edited:
UNINSTALL the BT driver, but do not delete it - - then reboot. If the correct driver is available, it will auto-install for itself.

Watch carefully;
  • cp->Device Mgr
  • expand Bluetooth Radios
  • dbl-click on your "Generic Bluetooth Radio"
  • click Driver Tab
  • click LAST BUTTON, Uninstall

now reboot

Personally, I bought this ioGear for my Dell Laptop

Back