Bluetooth Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

suk

Hi,
I an aving a bit of problem trying to work with bluetooth on my computer. I have Windows XP service pack 2 installed and apparently Bluetooth should be integrated with it. I have always had this version - so i haven't upgraded from an earlier version of XP.
Howvever I cannot seem to locate the bluetooth wizard/ adaptor it anywhere. Tried running 'bthprops.cpl' , looked everywhere and am getting progressively more confused with the Microsoft website help. I was trying to find a download that can install the necessary part but can't seem to make sense of all the matter on the internet.
I'm sure there's a simple solution to this but i can't seem to find it! can someone help?

thanks!
suk

very simply, all i want to do is to zap images on my phone (sony ericsson K530i) which is blue tooth enabled and send it to my computer. . .

suk

hi - the ink doesn't seem to open. Also, i have service pack 2 and it doesn't seem to have a bluetooth stack anywhere on it!

Yes, absolutely, a bluetooth driver is part of XP SP2

I'm fairly familiar with it because at least that first release of Windows bluetooth (BT) was awful. Worse yet, it seemed impossible to install any one else's BT driver at the time cuz like a creepy movie, the Windows driver always managed to resurrect itself and come back by reinstalling itself (but all that's another story!).

The driver files are there. Most likely, you don;t have any bluetooth hardware on your computer (which is what causes the drivers to install and then you'd see things like bthprops.cpl work). Do you know for a fact you have a bluetooth radio in your system's hardware?

Also!!!! fyi... Double check w/your wireless carrier. Some carriers (at least Verizon, for sure) disable some of the bluetooth functions (referred to as bluetooth "profiles") in their phones (such as transferring images!).

(btw... at the time, i did finally figure out what was going on and how to install a driver from Broadcom and used it ever since so can't testify how well the Microsoft drivers work today)

btw... if you need add the bluetooth hardware, you can easily add add a "USB bluetooth adaptor" for your computer and they're not expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back