Boot-up error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have an HP ZD8000. I just recently attempted to resolder the DC power jack. I took everything apart.

First, I got this:
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0f: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

So I went into the boot options and disabled the network adapter. Got rid of that error, but now on the top left and bottom left of the screen there is a blinking underscore and a blank screen, and the screen flickers. It will not boot off of the cd rom. Please help me out.

It was working before i took everything apart, and it gets warm so there must be power going to it...could it be anything else? Maybe a motherboard econnection somewhere?

Well Harddrive or connection to Harddrive
Actually please check the harddrive pins aren't bent, if it's not Sata (as Sata don't have pins)

Well Harddrive or connection to Harddrive

There must be an issue with the connection to your Harddrive
Or you have inadvertantly shorted some electronics on the mobo, either by:

Heat: caused by resoldering the DC power jack
AntiStatic: caused by not adhering to antistatic recommendations
Actual physical damage to the electronic circuitry

You will need to, ideally, benchtest the mobo, by removing it out of the case
Only then, can you fully inspect on top and underneath the mobo

"You will need to, ideally, benchtest the mobo, by removing it out of the case"...
this is difficult to do with a laptop motherboard. I suspect that a fragile connector on the motherboard was damaged or there is a poor connection somewhere between the hard drive and the motherboard. Did you install the hard drive into it's caddy (if it has one) properly before inserting it into the laptop. Also, make sure the bios wasn't corrupted and the boot order is proper and that the hard drive is detected in the bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back