Bootable Windows XP CD with updates?

DjKraid

Hi!

I was wondering if there is any way to make o copy of a Windows XP Pro cd and "integrate" all the latest updates so that I wouldn't need to download them separately for all computers? -I have 8 computers now where I need to install XP but all the time goes to updating :/

thx in advance!

you could simply slip in SP3 with an OEM disk by using nLite... this will save you time with multiple computers, otherwise i would say not to bother. on my XP machines, i haven't installed any updates past SP3, so i haven't experimented with integrating them into installation CDs.

Are you actually giving advice to not install Microsoft's updates? The critical updates should not be considered optional and should be installed as soon as they are released.

Slip-streaming SP3 into an older version of an XP cd is a good idea to at least start the machines with SP3 but you'll still need to download dozens of patches after that. You can experiment with trying to integrate those into the CD as well, I've have mixed success with doing that. Some patches worked fine like that but some failed.

Thx! -the sp3 installs slowly so that should take some time off the total setup time (I hope) :)

what does actually a "critical" update do? -the only difference I can see is that the computer is much slower... :/

I have a bunch of old computers here with WinXP license tag so I reinstall WinXP on all and then the go for sale

Back