Booting issues after modified BIOS profile

montecarlo1987

Hello. I have an issue that I need some advice on.

For the last few mornings when I turn on my computer after 6-8 plus hours of not using it, I get this message while the BIOS is booting but before Windows starts:

Overclocking Failed! Please enter setup to re-configured your system.
Press F1 to Run Setup.
Press F2 to load default values and continue.

Now I know how to simply fix this issue by resetting the BIOS and/or if necessary, temporary removing and replacing the jumper pin on the motherboard and/or if *really* necessary, temporary removal and replacement of the CMOS battery. For me, it works by simply resetting the BIOS.

To let you know since this has been happening, I have increased my RAM to 8GB. I had to make some changes to my BIOS like slight voltages increases in DRAM and the motherboard's northbridge and the memory module timings modified. I saved these BIOS changes (as a BIOS profile) to stabilize my 8GB of RAM which seems to work great -- stability issues solved. However, now I have this issue here...

What actually happens is that one the *very first* BIOS booting when powering up my computer, the BIOS does not boot and without the beep from the motherboard's POST BIOS test. My monitor is black while, yet the tower LED shows it is running. I can hear the fan in the tower running fine. I have to manually restart the computer from the reset button and then on the second BIOS boot, the BIOS loads fine, followed by this "Overclocking Failed!" issue just before Windows can load. After another computer reboot and my resetting of the BIOS, followed by yet another computer reboot, the BIOS and Windows operating system loads fine and I am on my way.

Now *this is a pain in the butt* each morning after the system has been off for awhile or when my computer has not been running for 6-8 hours!!! The computer SHOULD NOT have to go through this!!! This whole sequence of events (4 computer boots) in the last paragraph does not happen if the time duration since my computer was not running is short since I last used my computer -- the computer boots and runs completely fine.

Any ideas so I can keep the modified BIOS profile so my computer runs stable and not have this whole sequence of events happen -- so BIOS can load without any issues???

Please reply.

Thanks you!

Some basic general stats of my system:
- Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit.
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 -- Yorkfield 2.83 GHz 1333 MHz processor.
- ASUS P5Q desktop motherboard.
- 8 GB of Corsair XMS2 4x2 GB DDR2 RAM.
- XFX Radeon HD5670 Graphics Card.

Your "stable over-clocking" choices are not correct for your total hardware. Your PC is telling you this by "Overclocking Failed!" Carefully go back to bios defaults and try again, paying attention to the C1E and EIST whether they need to be disabled or not

Back