Bootup Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yggdrassil

I have a Toshiba laptop and its a little bit of an older model its nothing new like the ones today. Its a great laptop and was working fine but the other night i shut it off and came back the next day to turn it on and all i get is a BSOD.

I've tried every other boot up mode and i still get a BSOD like when i try and use safemode or anything else.

I was going to try and use the disk that i got with it to reinstall everything but it won't read the disk when i choose load up from disk.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Can you tell us what the blue screens say like if it lists a driver or an error code?

I was going to try and use the disk that i got with it to reinstall everything but it won't read the disk when i choose load up from disk.
Why even think you doing something like this without troubleshooting the cause of the BSOD. There is a message in white letters on that blue screen that gives some information to work with.

Because for awhile it was literally a blue screen nothing on it. So if you want to tell me what you would do then let's hear it?

Anyhow I'll be able to find out tomororw and post something more about it when i pick it back up.

The Blue screen tells me this.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

And the Tech Information on the screen has this.

***STOP: 0x000000ED (0x853D2658, 0xC000009C, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Thanks for the link Bobbye.

The info is very usefule but everything it wants me to do is if i can actually log on to my desktop and work from there. The problem is as soon as i turn on the laptop and it gets past the XP logo its turns into the BSOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back