BOSD windows will not boot whatever mode I select. Error stop: 0x0000007F

Hi Guys,
My windows xp with sp3 suddenly wouldn't boot, I keep getting the blue screen, it will not even let me install windows, as soon as the cd finishes loading the drivers I get the blue screen. I dont't get a specific error I just get: stop: 0x0000007F (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) I downloaded Ubuntu and had no problem with it and was able to backup my info. I need the computer work and not sure what the problem is. I have Kaspersky installed and updates so I kinda ruled out that the cause is virus, but you never know. My guess is that its hardware related, I just can't pinpoint what it is. My computer is a intel quad core q6600 with 4gb of RAM. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks so much!

The most likely cause of this is faulty memory. So, your suspicion of hardware being the cause is most probably correct.

Take the RAM sticks out and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser and then blow out the RAM slots with a can of compressed air. Push the sticks back in and out a few times. Test the system for any improvements and then if it still freezes/crashes run the PC on one stick at a time while running videos or anything that uses a lot of memory. If the freeze/crash still occurs then swap the sticks so you test each one individually.

If still someone has that problem with a desktop-PC: my problem was the TV board.
I have an Intel Pentium D Inside PC with nvidia GeForce and Win XP.
Just remove the TV board.

Back