BoSD x124 error

L33TFR34K

My new PC is having some major issues, I am constantly getting a BoSD x124 error. Over the past 2 days I have literally replaced every single component expect the psu and dvd drive. I'm totally stuck at this point, it seems to function well in safe mode.

Here is what I'm running:

Asus z87-pro motherboard
Intel i5-4670k
Kingston 8gb DD3 1600 (KHX16C9B1RK2/8)
Sandisk 64gb SSD
EVGA 660 GTX (not currently installed since I believed that might have been the problem, its not)
Tagan ITZ 800watt psu (the only component brought over from my old system, psu is from 2008)
Lg Modisc dvd drive
Windows 7 64 bit

Minidumps are all the same. A single 64GB SSD is not big enough to handle Windows 7 and all it's updates, let alone any other programs or games...

That's just for the os, I have other drives to put other things on. But I also tried installing Ubuntu and that crashed.

I'm speaking from experience here... In Computer, is the SSD showing as a red line? As I said, Windows 7 and it's updates including things like Java and Adobe Reader will fill up this small SSD, and leave no room for the Windows swap file and other important Windows utility files... The SSD is probably going bad anyway because the Unbuntu install also fails. Is the SSD controller in the bios set as AHCI?

The ssd controller is set to AHCI. If the harddrive is bad then that would be 2 in a row because I replaced it yesterday and got the same error with the new one.

Are you able to format the hard drive using the Windows install disk? It needs to be in a GPT format

I can format the hd but the installer doesn't give me any options for format type or even tell me what type of format it will do.

The sales associate at the store said that other customer had recent been having similar problems the asua z87-pro board. I have replaced the board once already but does anyone know of this problem being common with the board

You have to select "drive options" when you get to the list of partitions at the start of the Windows install disk

Thats what I have been using to format it, the process creates a 100mb system reserve partition then uses the remaining to create the main partition but it doesn't give anymore information or options.

Back