Bose launches QuietComfort QC35 wireless headphones

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Bose is known for making some of the best active noise cancelling headphones in the industry. In fact, the company’s QuietComfort QC25 headphones are our top pick in the noise cancelling category although the one shortcoming that some may have is the fact that they’re wired.

Now, that’s no longer a concern as Bose recently launched a wireless version dubbed the QuietComfort QC35.

Bose said its primary goal was to make its best headphones wireless without compromising the wireless technology and the audio quality they’re known for. Utilizing Bluetooth and NFC pairing, the new headset employs a dual microphone system for active noise cancelling.

They can be used either wirelessly or wired. When wireless, the headset offers 20 hours of listening on a single charge and 40 hours in wired mode although your mileage will no doubt vary based on listening volume and so forth. Should the cans run out of juice, you can continue to use them via the included wire albeit without active noise cancelling.

Engadget recently spent some hands-on time with the headset and was generally impressed. In a controlled setting, the publication said the noise cancelling worked like a charm and praised the audio performance.

The Bose QuietComfort QC35 headset is available as of writing in your choice of black or silver finishes priced at $349.95, a $50 premium over the standard QuietComfort QC25s.

Permalink to story.

"When wireless, the headset offers 20 hours of listening on a single charge and 40 hours in wired mode..."

So they don't charge from the wire? Didn't realize that headphones can run out of batteries while plugged in...

"When wireless, the headset offers 20 hours of listening on a single charge and 40 hours in wired mode..."

So they don't charge from the wire? Didn't realize that headphones can run out of batteries while plugged in...
I guess that would depend what they're plugged into.. A standard 1/4" phone jack, or mini jack has no power present, they're input only.

Once upon a time, wireless headsets had a base transmitter. Note, "whats in the box" (below). It shows a USB cable, which, as we all know, has +5 VDC present.

Dimensions/weight without the cable
  • Headphones:7.1" H x 6.7" W x 3.2" D (10.9 oz)
  • Audio only cable:47.2"
  • USB cable:12"
In the box
  • QC35 headphones
  • Airline adapter
  • Audio cable for wired connection
  • USB cable
  • Carrying case
As is typical of all of its products, Bose thinks a whole lot of these things. @$349.95, perhaps even a, "whole, whole, whole, lot".:eek:

Although 99% of Bose is ridiculously overpriced for mediocre quality, their noise-cancelling headphones may be the exception as they are actually comfortable to wear, have decent sound, and the noise-cancelling feature works pretty well.

I might have to ditch my quiet comfort 3 and try these.

Although 99% of Bose is ridiculously overpriced for mediocre quality, their noise-cancelling headphones may be the exception as they are actually comfortable to wear, have decent sound, and the noise-cancelling feature works pretty well.

I might have to ditch my quiet comfort 3 and try these.

What I don't like is they outright said that the noise cancelling and sound quality will be the same of QC 25, charge an extra $100 for wireless capability, at the same time keep the QC 25 at the same price, for a 2 years old product. What they should have done is charge QC 35 the same price of QC 25 and reduce QC 25 price by $100, then I would buy the QC 25.

Back