Boxee beta 0.9.20.9647 leaked on torrent sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

After Boxee announced the beta version of their free media center platform last week, many people have been eager to give the latest build a spin. That is now possible, as the 0.9.20.9647 beta is available via BitTorrent. The Pirate Bay is one tracker of several who have posted the beta for download.

The full release isn't due for some time and will probably coincide with the release of the Boxee Box. Still, the beta is exciting -- until recently, only alpha releases have been available. Many new features appear in the beta, such as searching and additional content partners.

The beta is only "officially" available through Boxee, and won't be ready until January. Whether they will try and stop this unsanctioned version from being distributed remains to be seen -- it is freeware, after all.

Permalink to story.

It's been in alpha for a very long time, but i'm not the type who uses such software. A player like kmplayer or vlc is enough for me on a PC.

Boxee is incredible. I have currently replaced my cable tv subscription with this.

Yup, we dumped cable over a year ago. Primarily use boxee, but since it still has "flaws" we rely on the wireless keyboard/mouse and brower a lot, too. Hopefully the beta fixes a lot. Great concept!

Bought a remote for my PC and the rest is history, all I use is Boxee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back