Boxee Box will finally ship on November 10

Emil

Staff

As expected, D-Link's Boxee Box will start shipping on November 10 after a launch event in New York City to celebrate and demo the device and Boxee 1.0. This new version of the Boxee software will initially be available only on the Boxee Box and will later roll out to Mac, PC and Linux.

The company is promising that those who pre-ordered from Amazon should receive their Box as early as November 11 while it should start appear in stores on November 17 for about $200. In other words, the impatient should just pre-order from Amazon now. D-Link has actually turned the launch into a worldwide one: pre-orders can also be made from Canada (Best Buy and Future Shop), Australia, New Zealand, the UK, and in other countries across Europe.

"Reinterpreting what TV should be," the Boxee Box streams movies, shows, music, and photos to your HDTV. The device supports a wide variety of formats, such as H.264, MKV, DivX, VC-1, and Flash 10.1. The Boxee desktop software features Twitter, Facebook, Pandora, Last.fm, Picasa, Flickr, and more. It also has HDMI, S/PDIF, RCA connectors, two USB ports, an SD card slot, gigabit Ethernet, and 802.11n Wi-Fi.

Permalink to story.

Well blow me down the intel spoiler didn't work .. at least according to this its powered by ATI/AMD. All the better for it too. It should really ship with a free copy of "Duck Nukem" as they were both in Dev for the same amount of time. They were seriously looking as if they might slip into irrelevance. I myself will wait and see as this sniffs a bit of "get it out in time for Christmas, fergawdsake" . So Early adopters beware. Price is right, form factor looks geekish, lets hope it measures up. Both as a media Box and a Network Hub and Raaid Store amd usenet D/l etc etc.

I wonder if they have been waiting for XBMC Dharma to be finished. http://xbmc.org/

Back