Boxes instead of words in most programs

Hi, I have a problem. Without doing anything the commands in most of the programs like Word, Windows Help and Support, Anglon ...etc. became boxes like this:
485746_454615627913709_710062772_n.jpg
What is wrong, what to do??? I've checked Windows7 with antivirus programs (Kaspersky, Malwarebytes), but they've found nothing.

Oh and I thought it's important: I've checked the control panel (went through desktop) and the language settings are ok.
But when I wanted to go to the Control Panel through the Start menu (left corner), there were suddenly two Control Panel icons and when I pushed the first one, Windows turned off into the blue screen then into the black and restarted... And everything's the same. Please help me :(

You either have a virus you virus program did not pickup or you are full of malware. Last thing it might be is windows got some bad files and will need repaired.

Ok, can I do something by myself? It's a serious time for me and I need my computer for work (if take computer for repairing I will not get it till minimum 1 month)...

If you take it in for repair, they will probably overcharge you.

What operating system do you use?
Have you installed or updated any software lately?

I would run a disk check.
Also, check your default font settings in the control panel, it could be possible that somehow it was changed.

To run a disk check;

Windows XP; Start menu> my computer> right click hard disk (default C:) click properties, system tools, run a disk check. Restart computer.

Reset default font settings;

Start menu> control panel>fonts> settings> restore default settings> ok

You can start by running a disk check as was suggested. Another thing you can try is system restore. You can go back to restore point that you know the computer was running fine.

Since I couldn't reset font settings, I've changed all the fonts ( took it from other computer) and the words came back :). Thank you. I still don't know what to do with two control panels, though. Don't want to touch it again :D.
I think maybe there is something because I have recently reinstalled windows 7 (I don't know how to say it in English properly, rebooting maybe, you know from those disks) because my computer had serious problems before that.
By the way, System restore cannot be done, somehow there was no previous point saved.

Your re-installation was probably corrupt, and if you are still having problems, I would re-install again.

You should definitely run a disk check, regardless, because it doesn't sound like it was properly remedied.

This is another thing you could try;
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43051.html

You should do what you can to fully fix this, not doing so could lead to bigger problems in the future.

Regarding the disk check - it says that it cannot be done because the disk is working. But after restarting nothing happened. Something I didn't understand about that?

You need to check a box asking it to run upon restart, and select "search for and repair corrupted file sectors".

Thanks. I did the disk check, it showed nothing, but when the desktop turned on, something like 'error in the command line' showed.
I also scanned with SFC.EXE and there were no errors. And I checked those two control panels. Both control panel icons are working as one should normally do.

Your best bet would be to format and reinstall windows You have a really bad install. As it goes you are going to run in to more and more problems. Some that will not be able to fix.

Back