Boxes (not balloons), please!

Hi there.

When tracking changes, how can I get my MS Word document to show the comments/changes in a box and not in the standard balloons. I know how to use most of the tracking functions, but cannot find this. A coworker showed me a document she received with these comment boxes (with a line to the changed spot in the document), and we both agreed it is much more readable than the balloons.

I looked all over Word and did several searches on the internet, but cannot find out how to make this happen. Perhaps the sender of the document - which we produced originally - didn't use Word??

Your help would be very much appreciated!

A coworker showed me a document she received with these comment boxes (with a line to the changed spot in the document), and we both agreed it is much more readable than the balloons.

Are you talking about comments in either the right or left margins w/ dotted line pointing to the changes in the document?

Are you talking about comments in either the right or left margins w/ dotted line pointing to the changes in the document?

Hi. No. That I know how to do. This is similar - in the right-hand and bottom margins, but with a SOLID line pointing to the changes in the document, and the box has SQUARE corners (a true box, not rounded corners), and the box has a solid outline.

I don't have the document in front of me right now, but as I recall, part of the reason it was easier to understand is that is grouped all changes together in one box, e.g., didn't have one balloon for a delete-comma, another balloon for spelling correction, etc. I hope that makes sense.

Ask me again, if not clear, or whatever else.

Thanks!

Tried looking it up in Google but haven't had any luck. Played around w/ a doc I have, tried merging various revisions, but the comments weren't merged. It still showed separate comments from different people.

What you're describing almost sound like text boxes. But I guess they aren't? If you change the selection from say "Final: Show Markup" to "Final", do the comment boxes & lines go away?

Back