Brand new Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop causing Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

saty1296

I have DELL Inspiron Laptop 1720 and it caused a Blue Screen of Death error within first couple of hours. I begugged the error in the two files that I am uploading. The first one says that it is because of some driver error and the second one which was debugged from Memory.dmp of about 300 MegaBytes also says in the middle that it was due to Memory Corruption as well.

Could someone please explain it more clearly to me which file is right and do I still need to check my Memory because the laptop is still brand new.

debuglog.txt has been debugged from mini040808-01.dmp of size 135K from windows\minidump folder.

debuglogmemorydmp.txt has been debugged from \windows\memory.dmp of size 300 MegaBytes.

Both of the \windows\minidump and \windows\memory.dmp belong to the same Blue Screen of Death Error.

The Blue screen of death was very quick and I did not get any chance to note down anything at all thats why I debugged them.

Then again yesterday I got one more Blue Screen of Death Error while restarting Windows and it was " IO System Verification error in HIDCLASS.SYS (WDM DRIVER ERROR 220) (HIDCLASS.SYS + 2484 at 909Af484).

Please help if the Blue Screens of Death belong to software or hardware problems.

Other than those two Blue Screens of Death the system has been working absolutely fantastic and I have not received any other error messages within the Windows Vista ever since I bought it on 08 April 2008.

Do you guys think it is serious issue with any hardware so that I can still send them back and get a new replacement XPS 1730 a much better system from Dell under their 15 days customer satisfation guarantee.

The configuration of the Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop is:

Manufacturer: Dell
Processor: Intel T8300 Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz, 2.4 GHz
Memory: Samsung 4GB DDR2 667 Dual Channel (2 Memory sticks of 2GB each)
Hard Drives: Toshiba SATA 250GB, Western Digital SATA 250GB
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit operating system

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 5
It's worth more to us (or, well, me anyway) if you post the actual .dmp file(s).

If you want it to pause on the blue screen for you to see the error(s), right click My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery Settings > Uncheck "Automatically restart" under "System failure".

If you feel you might get something out of their guarantee and it's worth your time/effort, go for it.

I am attaching the zipped original minidump file. I am still curious to know the reason for that blue screen of death please.

If I can, I will try to get everything out of Dell Australia's Total Satisfaction Policy to avoid any hassles in future with the hardware problems with this laptop.

Minidump 040808-01:

BugCheck BE, {8e8544fc, bf669121, 9e67fb78, b}
Probably caused by : ks.sys ( ks!CKsPin::NonDelegatedRelease+2 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll search around and see if I can dig anything up.

*Edit*

Have you tried installing SP1 and completing all Windows Updates?

Zenosincks, I installed the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and then it showed me a blue screen of death with "IO System Verification error in HIDCLASS.SYS (WDM Driver Error 220) (HIDCLASS.SYS + 2484 at 909AF484). There was no dump for that at all. I looked for it everywhere.

They are only two Blue Screens of Death I have got till now. You know because the laptop is totally new(invoiced on 05-04-2008) so I wonder if it is going to give me hardware problems later, I better return it to DELL within their Total Satisfaction Policy which will expire on 20 April 2008 for me and get a better laptop.

The configuration of the laptop is very good for the price of AUD $1798.83 including delivery, thats why I do not want to return it. However, if the issues of Blue Screens are related to hardware I must make quick arrangements for its return.

Thats why I am asking expert opinions from you guys. Do you think in any way it is going to cause any hardware issues related to those Blue Screens I have got?

EDIT: I have completed all Windows Vista updates along with the SP1.

It could be any mixture of issues really. It's impossible to say what will or won't happen as a result of your current errors, especially considering the fact that we don't even know what's causing them. However, given the number of errors you've had, it may well be the wisest decision to take advantage of Dell's offer/warranty.

Thanks for your advice, mate. I highly appreciate your prompt response to my problem and your dedication to the computer science. Thanks a lot again.

On Monday, I am going to try to organize the return of the laptop to Dell Australia and will get back with their response. In their Total Satisfation Policy, they say that they will not refund me any shipping charges, plus I will need to pay the return shipping in advance and they want all the packing and everything that came with the laptop.

The only reason for my return would be to avoid repair and warranty hassles later on, only if my laptop develops some hardware issues. Last time when I had this blue screens on my Acer Laptop, I had a bad 512 Megabytes memory stick and corrupt 100GB 2.5 inch IDE hard drive, I had to get both of them replaced. That is the main reason I am very alert this time from the beginning like its been said "Once Bitten Twice Shy".

You're welcome.

Any word on whether or not you will see some form of compensation (or did I miss that in your last post)?

I will inform you after talking to Dell on Monday about whatever they will say me regarding return under the Total Satisfaction Policy. I am sure I would be able to get a better laptop from them at a higher price, which I think is more robust and powerful than this Inspiron 1720.

I will keep you posted on this.

Zenosincks

You're welcome.

Any word on whether or not you will see some form of compensation (or did I miss that in your last post)?

I talked to Dell and they have agreed to take the laptop back under their Total Satisfaction Policy. The total cost of the laptop was AUD$ 1798.83 and now I will get back AUD$ 1624.83 because AUD$ 174.00 goes for the return shipping from the customer. I have happily accepted their offer.

I have ordered a new Dell XPS 1730 from dell.com.au which is lot better laptop than this one.

So its all going well at the moment for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back