Broadband slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobbybobby

Living in the countryside I get slow broadband only 1.5 Meg. But recently. This speed has fallen alot. I re set my router and have waited 3 days, but still have slow speed. I play lots of games on my Xbox, PS3 and download alot off Steam so need my 1.5 Megs!

I hate calling BT they always say there is nothing wrong. My line went wrong before and it took months for them to admit there was something wrong and send someone to fix it.

Router Config page says.
Connection Information
Line state Connected
Connection time 3 days, 05:44:55
Downstream 672 Kbps
Upstream 448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 15.6 dB / 19.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 59.7 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 1.2 dBm / 1.5 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote) 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote) 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote) 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 3191 / 209
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 1802 / 349
HEC Errors (Down/Up) 3909 / 254
Error Seconds (Local/Remote) 264 / 169

I assume since you live in a rural area you have no other alternatives to switch too =/ . But I can relate I had issues for over a year with my connection slowing down to going off randomly every so often for a day with no reported outages. After many attempts to get it fixed I finally got an intelligent technician who noticed this wasn't normal. He found out that the wiring was faulty and my connection to the neighborhood box was bad. He seemed shocked that no one but myself noticed it and sent a crew out to rewire it. So be persistent, if you know it's nothing on your end it's there JOB to fix it.

Problem is I have 4 people in my hosue with Xbox/ PS3/ 2 laptops/ 2 PCs Mobile phones that have Wifi. there are sometimes 6 devises connected to the net at any one time. However the speed displayed on the router config page is the speed I am getting.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/772111406.png

Bt are only operator on my exchange.

I will ring them later, get the to reset profile, wait 24 hours and call again if no speed increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back