Brought home work comp and cant login and dont no how to make a new login

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelbyjoker

hey guys i have brought home a computer given from work and dont no how to login none of the passwords will work and i dont no how too login as the administrator. please help someone

The fact that you're not hooked up to your workplace domain may be the problem, but I do this all the time and never have a problem with XP Pro, it just takes longer because it looks for a domain that isn't there.
Tell us what o/s you're using...

With XP, you shouldn't be having a problem...
Are you logging in with the domain name you normally use listed on the log in screen?
Your login username only exists under your work domain, so even though you're not hooking up to it, the domain name can't be changed. This of course is based on the assumption that you have a domain at work, and not a workgroup.

i have tried logging onto the normal work domain but it doesnt work... just comes up saying that it cant connect to the domain right now... im not soo good with computers so will struggle too forllow some of the jargon u will talk about... but i gtg for tonight. are you a frequent user? if so will continue this conversation in the next few days i will check for posts regularly. thanks so much for helping (((((((((((it may be a work group not sure?????

Ask your IT personnel if there are any limitations setup preventing login.
Your IT guy will have to create a new user account on the PC, on the PC domain, and not the workplace domain.

I should also direct you to the following link,
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html
I've noticed you have posted numerous threads on the same topic and we find that irritating on this forum.
It could very well be a reason why you're not getting as much help as you would expect.
Please follow the guidelines shown in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back