Solved Browser re-direct virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theRadiantChild

Hey guys. I did the 8 step thing. removed a couple of trojans and root kits. Seems like after getting online it gets kinda slow and i get that dreaded google.com/webhp redirect problem. It auto pops up random sites. None of which are bad but spam reguardless. I have the log files but only for gmer and that .srs file. I originally was infected with the AV.exe fake spyware scanner. I got rid of it though by doing some research on the forums. Thanks for any help offered!

UPDATE: I forgot to add that I scanned that computer with panda, malwarebytes, and other various popular virus spyware scanners recommended on the forums and Cnet. All are scanning clean. Even the deep scans. So this virus must be something left behind. This virus or browser hijacker wont let me get windows updates either...it acts as if the internet is offline when its really not.

?

did I do something wrong? Seems like no one is willing to help me :/ Just let me know so I can correct it. I have seen others posts go up and 5min later has 20 replies. I just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong in the forum.

thanks

You're NOT following all instructions listed in 8-steps manual.
Going that way, we won't finish before Christmas.
I don't see any antivirus program running.

I did everything I just forgot to save any log files from malwarebytes and other anti virus programs. I uninstalled them after I did a full sweep with them. they all read "clean"

Ive done all this man. I tried several anti virus and cleaned until it found nothing. The same with malwarebytes. No programs are finding anything at all. Even after doing "Full scans" numerous times.

Please, re-read my last post.

https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Include the following logs into your next reply (copy & paste) -- more indications below:

* Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log
* GMER log
* DDS logs: both DDS.txt and Attach.txt

...and I want to see DDS log, which shows, you have AV program installed and running.

Reply only, when you're done with ALL steps.
I have other computer to clean and I have no time to read instructions for you.

:) Thank you

Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
  1. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
  2. Close any open browsers.
  3. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
    NOTE1. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    NOTE 2. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always do so.
    • Close any open browsers.
    • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
    • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
  4. Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  5. When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  6. Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt"
**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Make sure, you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix.

DO NOT make any other changes to your computer (like installing programs, using other cleaning tools, etc.), until it's officially declared clean!!!

How is redirection issue?

1. Please open Notepad
  • Click Start , then Run
  • Type notepad .exe in the Run Box.

2. Now copy/paste the entire content of the codebox below into the Notepad window:

Code:
Folder::
c:\documents and settings\NetTech\Local Settings\Application Data\ombayach

Registry::
[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"=dword:00000001
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\KernelFaultCheck]

DDS::
uInternet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:1033

3. Save the above as CFScript.txt

4. Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as depicted in the animation below. This will start ComboFix again.

CFScript.gif

5. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), please post the following reports/logs into your next reply:
  • Combofix.txt

I'm glad, your computer is doing better :)

We're not done yet though. We need to make sure, you're 100% clean.

Uninstall Combofix:
Go Start > Run [Vista users, go Start>"Start search"]
Type in:
Combofix /Uninstall
Note the space between the "Combofix" and the "/Uninstall"
Click OK (Vista users - press Enter).
Restart computer.

====================================================================

Download OTL to your Desktop.

* Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
* Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
drivers32 /all
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
CREATERESTOREPOINT
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\user32.dll /md5
%systemroot%\system32\ws2_32.dll /md5
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU

* Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows: OTL.txt and Extras.txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them back here.

Update your Java version: http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
Uninstall all previous Java versions through Add\Remove (Programs & Features in Vista/7)

=======================================================================

You have some Norton's leftovers. Please, run Norton Removal Tool: http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

========================================================================

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

Code:
    :OTL
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] --  -- (catchme)
    O16 - DPF: {8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C} http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/polarbear/ultrashim.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)

:Services

:Reg

:Files

:Commands
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [emptyflash]
    [resethosts]
    [Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • You will get a log that shows the results of the fix. Please post it.
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.

as requested :) oh i forgot to add that this morning when i booted I got a system will shutdown in so many seconds. said something to do with services. Had a countdown timer. It never shutdown though. I haven't seen the message but once today so I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back