BSOD a minute or two after logging in

All right, I just registered, hoping someone can help, if not, oh well.

Anyway, my computer starts up fine, aside from it telling me my Hard Disk is Failing.. though it's been saying that for years, and I'm not entirely sure it's not some faulty software causing it.. if that's even possible. Anyway, I get to the login screen, enter my password, and it logs me in. Now, everything on my desktop will load, and I can even open a folder or two, but then it will crash and give me a blue screen. I don't seem to have any issues starting in safe mode, or safe mode with networking, it's only upon normal login.

I dunno if these minidumps will help or not, but I figure it can't hurt.

Attachments

• Mini063011-02.dmp
    128 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini063011-01.dmp
    128 KB · Views: 1
First, minidump files are very essential for diagnostic purposes. Second, the fact that you can load into Safe mode is a strong indicator that the issue lies with drivers.

Both error codes are 0xA and these can be caused by faulty drivers though the dump files did not cite anything specific as the probable cause.

1. Have you recently experienced an infection or have you updated or installed any software lately?

2. What security software are you running? Do a virus scan.

3. If you have five more recent minidumps attach them in your next post.

I can't recall, the BSOD's started a long time ago, months even, and I just now decided to do something about it.

I'm doing a virus scan now. It seems that by disabling almost all of my windows services and logging into a different account, I am able to start up in normal mode.

As for dumps, the only other ones I have are from way back in 2009.

Do you have your Windows OS disk? Please answer questions 1 and 2 as best you can.

Well I do, but my DVD drive is no longer working for whatever reason, so that doesn't help much.

Um, as for virus infection, nothing too serious, everything is still working fine.. as for updates, I can't really say, I'm sorry.

My antivirus is Avira free, and I'm doing a scan now, but nothing has been found as of yet.

=/

The reason I asked about the OS disk is because we may need to do a Windows Repair.

Attach those 2009 dumps.

Have you ever run memtest on your RAM?

Well actually, I think I figured out a way around it I'm in normal mode and I'm not getting any more blue screens. It must have been an issue with one of my services. I'll isolate the specific one a bit later on. Thank you for your help.

Back