BSOD after installing Windows 7 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have been getting an unusual amount of BSOD's after upgrading to Windows 7 and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I have attached 5 bug check log files, but I do now seem to be getting a recurring BSOD when the computer comes out of sleep mode and the log files are all very similar to the "2nd dump on 14th" attached log file.

Windows 7 64bit
Motherboard - M3N78-EMH HDMI
Processor - AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.50 Ghz
4gb RAM

I hope that is enough information and look forward to responses.

Thanks

Liam

You are best to attach the Minidumps (DMP files) themselves
They are found in Start > Run > C:\Windows\Minidump > ok
But only attach the latest Minidumps (ideally in the last 2 days)

Minidump files

I have attached a zip containing the last last 4 minidump files.

I have tried using hibinate instead of sleep last night and get a different error (latest minidump file in the zip). This error seems to suggest bad memory but I have run the windows extended memory diagnostics for 11 pases with no problem!

Any help much appriciated.

Thanks

Liam

I have run Memtest for 10 passes as I left it overnight and there were no errors at all. I also ran a checkdisk on the hard drive the other day and it found no errors.

Sorry its a bit difficult at the moment
The Minidumps didn't help all that much (sometimes they pinpoint, sometimes no)

It can be heat stress
It can be Hard Drive requiring a diagnostic test: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7602.html (note the updated manufacture Hard Drive diagnostic test is preferred if available)
It can even be some strange software like Virtual software etc, running
Or it can even be a Bios update being required

Ok I have uninstalled Mcafee Virus scan 8.7 and now my machine will come out of sleep mode without having a BSOD :) I still have a probem coming out of Hibinate mode with a BSOD and I would prefer to put my machine into hibination to stop the power LED from blinking and to reduce power consumption. This is a Home Theatre PC and so the blue flashing light is anoying if you are watching a DVD on the dvd player.

I have attached a couple of mini dump log files from today where I have a BSOD afteHinbinate.

Can anyone think why Mcafee would have caused the problem as I now don't have any virus protection on my machine.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Liam

Well at least the Minidumps have a consistent Bugcheck of 7E
1 Minidump faulted at Media Player Network Sharing Service
1 at your Printer service
But all related to memory corruption

Mcafee (and some others like Norton etc) can have high memory usage and therefore that would be the reason that it could (indirectly) enhance any memory issue
Do note: That "memory" can also mean Hard Drive, which it could actually be (ie did you do the test?)

Plus I've found that if you install a less memory intense application like free Avira Antivirus and then do a full updated scan, you may actually find Virus/Malware that Mcafee missed.
This may even be a Malware issue, so after running an Antivirus scan you could download free Malwarebytes and update that and also run a scan (why not its free anyway ;))
Or if your further concerned refer to this topic: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
And then create a new Topic in the Virus & Malware removal forum

I hope I covered everything here for you

Right looks like it was the hard drive - I ran WD diagnostics and it found bad sectors but could not fix, so I installed Windows 7 onto an old hard drive and now don't have a problem.

Thanks for everyones help.

Liam

Win7 x64 suddenly started BSOD

I have had a stable Win7 x64 installation on my HTPC for about 1 month. Today I started to setup Homegroups so my laptop could stream media from the HTPC. I don't know if it was coincidental, but the next time I rebooted I got a BSOD and the attached dump. I have tried to uninstall my AVG 9.0 Antivirus, system restore to last known good config but no luck. It runs OK in Safe mode with networking and I am uploading this from Safe Mode.

I get the error 0x00000050 in my event logs.
Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Hi SpawnyWhippet

You need to create your own new topic just for you, not just reply on someone elses topic, which is really unrelated to your specific issue

Your single BSoD was faulted by: zl885x64.sys, which looks to be part of an audio driver for FusionHDTV
I found this site on FusionHDTV http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/Eng/Download/SoftwareDVBT.aspx
Which states: "Lite model doesn't support x64 Driver"
This seems to be the latest updated driver: http://demod.dvico.com/down/FusionHDTV3.81.exe Do note that it is 67Meg.
In the mean time just fully uninstall your current FusionHDTV drivers.

I am not commenting any more on this, as you and any other members always need to create your own New Topic ;)

Why you replied to someone elses topic, that was resolved a week ago is beyond me :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back